Talk

Advanced search

to send ds and dd to bed

(7 Posts)
wontletmesignin Thu 13-Feb-14 19:48:42

Ok...i am raging!

Ds(9) and dd(10) were told 15 minutes at 6:15pm. Dd was meant to come in then, and ds go into his friends until 7:30pm.

My ds and dd both have phones which they dont use by choice. So neither had taken them. I repeatedly told them the time i wanted them in. First off...aibu to expect it to be their responsibility to then make sure they are home on time? Their friends have phones and so they could ask them!

At 6:45pm i was getting younger dc ready for bed. In the meantime, texting and repeatedly calling ds friend. No answer.
7pm and they still arent here. I have to get younger dc ready and go looking and shouting. They heard me shout...then i get a reply from ds friend.

I sent them to bed after they spoke to me like shit and told me i was shocking and everything as ive told them they are grounded and from now on, in before it gets dark (when they are allowed back out).

Aibu in the way i handled this, as they are both adamant that i am in the wrong here and now im not sure!!

Sorry its so long im so annoyed

pussycatdoll Thu 13-Feb-14 19:50:54

My 9 year old doesn't have a phone
But then he doesn't okay out, none of them do round here
He'll get a phone in year 7 I guess

pussycatdoll Thu 13-Feb-14 19:51:23

Doesn't play out

wontletmesignin Thu 13-Feb-14 19:57:07

Im tempted to stop mine until the lighter nights. Twice in a few days theyve done this. Both times turning on me to where im in the wrong!

Purplepoodle Thu 13-Feb-14 20:06:28

No you are right. You set a time, they didn't stick to it so there are consequences (grounded). They spoke to you like crap so they got sent to bed, fair enough. I would explain to them about the coming in before dark in a calm manner when grounding is finished adding the proviso that if they prove to you they can be responsible by coming home on time then you will increase the time they can stay out say by 10mi s each week.

wontletmesignin Thu 13-Feb-14 21:36:58

Thank you. Yes that sounds good.

I couldnt rest, once i had calmed down. I hate, hate sending kids to bed moody.
So i got them down again and had a good talk with them, explaining my reasons (not that i should have to). Threw in a few different examples and they seemed to understand where i was coming from.

They have both said sorry, and theyve gone to bed giving me big hugs and kisses

BratinghamPalace Thu 13-Feb-14 21:40:06

Lovely end eh?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now