Talk

Advanced search

... to have several large glasses of wine on a school night?

(10 Posts)
AlpacaLypse Wed 12-Feb-14 18:24:27

Because it's my birthdaygrin

The cellar is half full of water, which is slowly rising, I've lost three regular clients due to redundancy in the last fortnight, and my left knee really hurts whenever I use the clutch.

On the other hand, dtd2 is making me a cake and dtd1 has promised to tidy the kitchen afterwards, DP actually achieved buying me a thoughtful present, and the cat has decided she likes the latest brand of food I've bought her and has given up screaming abuse and slashing my ankles with fury about the cheap stuff from Tesco that I insisted on using up first.

Anyone else celebrating surviving another year today?

ohfourfoxache Wed 12-Feb-14 18:26:59

Fuck several large glasses, try several bottles! grin

Happy birthday, hope the coming year is better than the one you leave behind thanks

honeybeeridiculous Wed 12-Feb-14 18:27:48

YANBU, have as many glasses as you like, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
Sounds like your family are being sweet too,
Here's another wine

Salmotrutta Wed 12-Feb-14 18:27:49

As long as you don't have to drive early tomorrow or get up to a child in the night then you have my permission wink

<magnanimous>

Enjoy your birthday and many happy returns thanks

My cats glare with contempt if I give them (perfectly good) cheaper cat food too... hmm

AlpacaLypse Wed 12-Feb-14 18:33:06

No driving until mid morning and children are now taller than I am Salmo!

The cat food AlpacaCat likes is of course three times more expensive than the Tesco own brand. And looks and smells identical to me.

Cheers all <hic> smile

Bettercallsaul1 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:47:43

Happy Birthday, OP! Good for you for looking on the bright side! Really sorry to hear about the rising water in your cellar. Your family sound really lovely though, as do you!

Amy106 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:35:55

I say go for it and have a very Happy Birthday (despite it all!). cake

Helpyourself Wed 12-Feb-14 22:39:00

Happy Birthday! cake

PeriodFeatures Wed 12-Feb-14 22:39:06

Happy Birthday!!!

DramaAlpaca Wed 12-Feb-14 22:42:08

Happy birthday from a fellow Alpaca grin!

Hope you enjoyed your wine and glad your lovely family are cheering you up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now