Talk

Advanced search

To ban DH from eating peanut butter (lighthearted)

(13 Posts)
Aliama Wed 12-Feb-14 08:16:37

Because I'm bloody well sick and tired of buying peanut butter, only to find when I actually fancy eating some that he's eaten it all for his breakfast and not bothered to replace it.

I really want jam and peanut butter on crumpets for breakfast this morning, but can't, and actually I bet he's eaten the last two crumpets as well - yet another item that only I remember to buy but never get to eat.

Had enough.

Aliama Wed 12-Feb-14 08:19:07

Right, have just assessed the crumpet situation and my suspicions have been confirmed. The last two crumpets have gone.

Am fuming.

fieldfare Wed 12-Feb-14 08:19:42

Same here!
There were 2 crumpets left on Saturday morning, I had an idea while in the shower of having them for my bfast with a smear of choc spread and peanut butter. Got out and could smell something toasting. Dh had scoffed them! Grrrr.

BrownSauceSandwich Wed 12-Feb-14 08:20:59

Buy it and hide it.

cogitosum Wed 12-Feb-14 08:21:21

Jam and peanut butter on crumpets? That's something I haven't tried and we have jam, peanut butter and crumpets! Thank you that's breakfast sorted!

Aniseeda Wed 12-Feb-14 10:30:47

(Also lighthearted!)

I sympathise. I almost ltb on Monday when I discovered he'd scoffed the last of the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich filler I'd bought myself from M&S as a treat (My mum took me there on Friday as I have recently had an operation so cannot easily get out and buy some more) If he'd asked me, I'd happily have shared it with him as there was plenty left - he must have had it an inch thick on his toast - argh! There was plenty of the stuff he usually has for his lunch available so he wouldn't have starved if he'd left me some!

He has also been known to polish off the last of my blackberry jam - the only flavour jam I like - when there is plenty of other jam available.

I cannot even get revenge by scoffing something of his as he eats anything and would just grab the next available thing.

Ah well, note to self: hide it better next time!

I suggest you start a secret peanut butter and crumpet stash.

Or simplify the situation and ltb of course!

DealForTheKids Wed 12-Feb-14 14:19:29

I would like to ban DP from eating peanut butter because it is rank. And on weekends he brings it up to bed and eats it and then I have to get out of bed because the room smells disgusting <boak>

So YANBU for wanting to ban DH from eating the stuff, but YABU for wanting to eat it too. Blehh.

CorusKate Wed 12-Feb-14 14:33:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Purplepoodle Wed 12-Feb-14 14:40:42

Holland and Barrett do HUGE tubs of peanut butter (I always have a spare hidden away). I freeze crumpets as they defrost perfectly in the toaster (the kids and oh never think to look in the freezer mwhahah)

Aniseeda Wed 12-Feb-14 20:08:44

Corus, you have it exactly, that is me and DH to a tee!

I didn't even mention the sandwich filler to him (just seethed silently) as he would have eaten it as it was about to go out of date and needed eating not because he thought "ooh, smoked salmon, I'm having that!" which just adds even more insult to injury!

Next time, it's going in the back of the vegetable drawer under some lettuce, which he never touches as cutting it up and washing it is too much effort for a sarnie!

HortenMarket Wed 12-Feb-14 21:04:19

Peanut Butter is truly revolting and the smell, oh god no! I would also like to ban DH from eating it as it lingers and stinks the house out and as he knows I heave when I smell the godawful stuff he always tries to give me a big wet kiss too.

<backs out of kitchen>

I have older teens I need a locked box in the fridge to preserve anything I fancy as my own personal treat or they sniff it out. Yes DS1 I am still huffed about the disappearance of the muller light orange with chocolate bits angry

PixelAteMyFace Wed 12-Feb-14 22:44:02

YABVU to eat peanut butter if it contains palm oil, which it usually does. Palm oil is the work of the devil, it clogs your arteries, and the natural habitat of orang-utans is being destroyed in Borneo so that more blasted palm oil trees can be planted.

Eat Marmite instead but leave off the jam wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now