Talk

Advanced search

Would I be unreasonable

(8 Posts)
DDDDDORA Tue 11-Feb-14 22:38:49

to go to the Doctor about my cold that I've had for over three weeks now? I feel awful, had a blocked nose for the whole three weeks and have hardly slept because I simply can't breathe laying down and can't sleep sitting up. I have tried everything thing to get rid of it but it doesn't want to shift. Any advice would be gratefully received.

SingMoreWhenYoureWinning Tue 11-Feb-14 22:41:02

Definitely go!

Sorry TMI but is your snot really green?

Ds1 is really susceptible to sinus infections. He gets no pain with it, just really green snot and the only thing that will clear it is anti b's.

FoxesRevenge Tue 11-Feb-14 22:42:08

Perhaps try speaking to a pharmacist, they may be able to advise on some medication you can buy over the counter. Failing that make an appointment to see the GP. Three weeks is a long time not to see an improvement in a common cold.

MissHobart Tue 11-Feb-14 22:47:26

Over use of decongestants can cause congestion! I discovered this after using sinus spray for two and a half weeks (apparently you should only use it for 3/4 days hmm ) and my nose still being blocked, had to go cold turkey and the blockages eventually went! Got wise before it got better though confused

DDDDDORA Tue 11-Feb-14 22:57:28

Sing yes it is really green, I did wonder if it might be an infection. Foxes I have already spoken to a pharmacist who just gave me more cold and flu tablets, I'm starting to rattle with the amount I've taken. Maybe I'll try a different pharmacy first see if they recommend something different.

DDDDDORA Tue 11-Feb-14 23:04:14

Miss thanks, The pharmacist did tell me to stop the olbas stick thing as it didn't seem to be working which I did but have used it a little on and off in the last few days. Shall stop completely now, got to try anything.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 11-Feb-14 23:22:10

I have had something like that for nearly four weeks,it kind of dies down and flares up,think i got a throat infection because that was paaaainful.I tried to get in the drs,for two weeks,no appointments available,so i had no choice but to ride it out.I have been utterfly fed up of feeling run down and its like one thing after another!It is going now but I thought it would never go!I know a few people who have been like this with ear,nose and throat issues recently lasting a while.

DDDDDORA Tue 11-Feb-14 23:31:35

Oh no limited, glad to hear your on the mend. Hopefully I will be able to get an appointment, if not then I hope it goes very soon fed up of feeling like this now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now