Talk

Advanced search

To laugh my tits off as MIL sent me an email with suggested valentines gifts for DP .

(8 Posts)
Mishmashfamily Tue 11-Feb-14 15:01:42

I received an email last night with suggestions and pictures of things I can get dp off myself and dd (9months) for dp valentines day grin

Also there was a little p.s of ' hope I'm hearing some good news as well' with a winky face hmm she keeps asking dp when he is going to ask. Does she know something I don't know??

Myself and dp have talked plenty of marriage, so I asked him out right if he was planning to propose on valentines day. He said 'no' .

I'm not in no rush to get hitched, we can't afford it at the moment anyway, but I know we will one day sooner rather than later. But I feel a bit 'meh' at the thought of mil feeling sorry for me that I've not had a grand proposal and the pitying look I will get.

By the way my gift is cake and heart shaped biccys I've made as were skint. I've already eaten some of the cake though blush

growingolddicustingly Tue 11-Feb-14 15:05:19

Oh bless! Does she have a DP? Could you repay the favour by sending her some suggestions for them?

I really hope that I will not be that MIL when my DD gets married <sigh>

LaurieFairyCake Tue 11-Feb-14 15:05:42

I'm not sure I'd be able to not have fun with this

Like sending her links to a giant strap on I'd bought for him grin

Loopylouu Tue 11-Feb-14 15:06:42

So she will be dissapointed at no engagement then! She sounds quite sweet though, it's great that she'd be happy if you got engaged (unlike my bitter ex mil!)

I started to make dh a heart shaped cake today. I was about to ice it, made a cup of tea and then thought sod it, I'll have some now. I'll have to make another Friday and try not to scoff it.

Mishmashfamily Tue 11-Feb-14 15:15:39

laurie I'm going to do that!!!!

loopy my Dp mother is not 'sweet' so I'm suspicious why she has even said that. I'm thinking she will ask before every significant date just to take the surprise away as she knows she will ask.

Then I'm allowed her pity face when no ring is produced grin

Let's all have cake and be thankful of it!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 11-Feb-14 15:37:58

I think she likes you smile. I don't think my MIL would be the person I'd ask for Valentine's suggestions though confused.

Loopylouu Tue 11-Feb-14 15:40:31

I hope she doesn't keep asking, or worse, do what my friends MIL did and asked her dp in front of her on Xmas eve if he had remembered to 'Bring the ring for tomorrow'.

WorraLiberty Tue 11-Feb-14 15:41:39

Email her a link to some crotchless knickers and a gimp mask

Tell her thanks but you're already sorted grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now