Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be staggered we've got �30 billion worth of clothes we're not wearing

(5 Posts)
ChocChipCookieMuncher Tue 11-Feb-14 10:57:29

Blimey!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556361/The-30billion-wasted-wardrobes-Britons-splash-fortune-clothes-wear-year.html

�30 billion worth of clothes in our wardrobes not worn in the last year and we bin clothing worth at least �140 million! I thought we were in a recession!

Just had a look at the website www.loveyourclothes.org.uk and it has some useful tips. I'm off for a rummage in my wardrobe....

stopprocrastinating Tue 11-Feb-14 11:08:28

I wear all my clothes till they fall apart (unless I change size, then they get passed on). Just buy what you need, and don't follow fashion. I don't see what is so difficult about this.

angeltulips Tue 11-Feb-14 11:12:24

I always recycle old clothes - either by giving them to friends (if in good nick) or sending to the council for recycling (if not). H&M have a scheme where if you bring them a shopping bag's worth of clothes they give you a £5 discount voucher in exchange, which is great (stocking up on new socks etc, you can get into a good rhythm).

We waste so much stuff in general, I'm not surprised clothes are any different.

TheDoctorsNewKidneys Tue 11-Feb-14 11:14:38

It doesn't surprise. I donate all my old clothes to charity, but I still have a lot of things I don't wear very often. I recently downsized my wardrobe and donated three bin bags worth! I still have more clothes than I can fit in my wardrobe blush

ChocChipCookieMuncher Tue 11-Feb-14 11:38:15

Come to think of it, I do have a few "bargain bought in the sale even though a bit too small but I'll lose weight and get into them" things that funnily enough, have never seen the light of day since! I'm going to spend an hour at the weekend sorting them out, being honest with myself blush and selling them on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now