Talk

Advanced search

To want to know WTAF this has got to do with kitchen worktops???

(19 Posts)
LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 10:51:33

So i am looking for some beech worktops for DP's client, DP says to me - go to this website as they will send some free samples (always useful).

Pretty as she is, I am not really sure how this provactive pose gives me any information whatsover on bloody kitchen work-tops angry

Do you know what pisses me off - this is clearly a trade site, do they actually think that tradesmen are that shallow/stupid that a pretty girl sucking on her finger provocatively is going to make them buy their bloody products - I think they need to say their web-designer!

The only thing is - they are quite cheap and send free samples.................angry

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 10:55:03

*sack!

Beeyump Tue 11-Feb-14 10:55:54

shock

DarkTherapy Tue 11-Feb-14 10:57:43

I often laze around coquettishly on mine. Surely it demonstrates the wipe-clean nature of the surface?

Beeyump Tue 11-Feb-14 10:59:27

We can't see which worktop she's draped on though - granite or oak? We need to know!

CerealMom Tue 11-Feb-14 10:59:47

"wipe clean"

<snigger>

Plumpcious Tue 11-Feb-14 11:00:00

But it's not actually a proper website is it? It's just a page that advertises other companies.

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 11:01:28

Yeah apparently i put in the wrong url (or at least that is what DP is trying to say!!) I have just dared DP to ring them and ask to speak tot he sexy woman on the advert, but he made this hmm face.

SomethingkindaOod Tue 11-Feb-14 11:06:24

Can't get the link to work (my internet is being an arse today) but DH works in marketing so I can imagine what it's like. Not in kitchens and they don't use sexy images in their trade literature. Other companies do though.
The short answer is that yes, they do think tradesmen are thick and shallow enough to fall for a picture of a pretty girl! In his last job it was quite common to use pictures of good looking men and women using the products and some images were quite provocative. It was all about making their product catch the eye when the brochure is in a pile of others all selling the same product - for example showers, a picture of a good looking person using the shower In an 'artful' pose is supposed to catch the eye of the buyer in a 'you too can look like this' type of way. Apparently.

womblesofwestminster Tue 11-Feb-14 11:10:49

Link no worky for me. Can someone take a screenshot?

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 11:12:20

to be fair, if buying their worktops will make me look like the girl in the add, i'll have two grin

Beeyump Tue 11-Feb-14 11:16:41

She's not doing any kitcheny things though, poor show!

Braganza Tue 11-Feb-14 11:21:13

It's just a generic holding page for whoever owns the domain worktops.com, not a corporate site. Nothing to do with trying to entice tradesmen. There's no trading company behind it.

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 11:25:41

but they are advertising other companies that do sell work-tops, i wonder if they know!!

HollyMiamiFLA Tue 11-Feb-14 11:29:45

Think that's bad.

Look at this:www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16533289

All about booth babes.

I wanted a display stand for a conference. Google it and they all feature pretty, young woman posing.

Want a stock picture of a phone operator for your website?

Click here

HollyMiamiFLA Tue 11-Feb-14 11:31:31

Women - well young, pretty women are used to sell stuff. They are used as objects to appeal to the male gaze.

Would you see a man being used to sell stuff by posing provocatively? No.

HollyMiamiFLA Tue 11-Feb-14 11:34:24

A man in a female world.

A French video

www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/majorit-opprime-its-a-womans-world-9120174.html

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 11:37:34

hahahahaha - i am loving those pics holly - i am designing (or at least trying to!) a website for DP just now, which one should i use...........or shoud i just take a picture of me hunched over the lap-top, balancing my mobile phone on my shoulder and two dogs on my lap because that is the reality, and i don't look like ANY of those women!

HollyMiamiFLA Tue 11-Feb-14 11:51:46

Somehow I think the reality of a call centre might put people off. Do you want to talk to a happy smiley young woman or a stressed out, under pressure 45 year old ugly bloke!!!

Or do you want to talk to someone who knows what they are doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now