Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to naff off baby group?

(14 Posts)
BeetlebumShesAGun Tue 11-Feb-14 09:30:30

...and cuddle my lovely snuggly DD who is 2 months old today?

Have only been twice, and most of the other mums are lovely, but today the weather is awful, DD had her jabs yesterday so is still a bit sleepy, and I feel a bit teary that she is growing so fast!

Just not sure if missing these types of things is not "done"....

Chocolateknickers Tue 11-Feb-14 09:33:05

You're not missing anything. Your DS will be more than happy with cuddles for the day. Stay in your pyjamas and enjoy, babygroup will always be there!

StormyBrid Tue 11-Feb-14 09:33:07

She's two months old, she's not going to notice. Stay home and dry if you want. smile

Chocolateknickers Tue 11-Feb-14 09:33:33

Sorry DD!!

Pigeonhouse Tue 11-Feb-14 09:35:33

Dear me, OP, it's a baby group, not a compulsory appointment! If the weather is awful, half of the others will be tucked up on the sofa worshipping their offspring and watching daytime tv too...

Loopylouu Tue 11-Feb-14 09:44:55

No, sod it!

I must say though that I am looking forward to baby groups his time. I know nobody where I live and I've spent my entire pregnancy feeling so lonely.

When ds was little I went to groups and met a few really lovely people who I was friends wih for years and a lot of oddballs so I hope I will again.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 11-Feb-14 09:46:01

Umm- its baby group not school! You do what you like. No-one will care.

Topaz25 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:55:07

It's madness to go out in this horrible weather if you don't have to. Stay home and cuddle your lovely DD.

MarianneBrandon Tue 11-Feb-14 10:32:03

I have also decided to give children's group a miss. We both have colds and the weather is miserable so a day in front of the TV is the way to go.

AlpacaLypse Tue 11-Feb-14 10:34:55

You and baby will enjoy your day far more on a sofa with a duvet! I'm normally a fan of fresh air, getting out is good for both of you, blah blah. However I draw the line with cold, strong winds with lumps of partially frozen rain in them smile

HumphreyCobbler Tue 11-Feb-14 10:36:27

I am still in bed with my baby smile

JoinYourPlayfellows Tue 11-Feb-14 10:38:56

Just not sure if missing these types of things is not "done"....

It's totally "done" to miss those groups.

That's why they're all drop in and pay as you go.

They're for the days when you wake up and really need to get your toddler out of the house or when you want some adult company.

If you want to stay in and cuddle your small baby all day, then do it. smile

Group will be there next week when you want people to eat biscuits and moan with grin

MiaowTheCat Tue 11-Feb-14 10:40:51

I went out in this sort of weather last week to one - hardly anyone else had braved the elements (all more sane than me I guess). I'd only gone out because if I had had to face another morning of DD1 playing the "let's rattle the fire guard cos it makes a funny noise" I was going to murder someone.

BeetlebumShesAGun Tue 11-Feb-14 11:53:11

Ha, glad the general consensus is in agreement!

We are on the sofa, DD snuggled and sleeping under her fleecy blanket, I have the biscuit tin and remote to hand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now