Talk

Advanced search

To complain about this bloody gas man?

(17 Posts)
MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 20:44:20

They have been faffing about with the gas in our street. Today they replaced some copper piping leading into the house and up to the boiler.

They started drilling at about 10.30am and I have just discovered that they had unplugged my fridge freezer to plug in the socket and left it unplugged!

And there appears to be a leak in the boiler pipe work as I have a puddle of water underneath it!

Shall I hunt down the bastard speak to the guy in the morning or should I ring somewhere directly?

MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 20:45:00

Also, the food still seems frozen so it'll be fine right?

CrohnicallyFarting Mon 10-Feb-14 20:49:20

Yes, the food will be fine. If you leave the freezer door shut then the food will be OK for up to 24 hours.

But I'm confused. If they have been doing gas work in the street, then what were they doing in your house replacing your pipe work? I thought that council/private companies' responsibilities ended at the edge of your property, anything within that is your responsibility.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 10-Feb-14 20:49:38

If the door is shut, and it is fairly full, it should stay frozen for about 24 hours.

CrohnicallyFarting Mon 10-Feb-14 20:50:10

And is it the gas pipe you think is leaking? Because I'm pretty sure there's a gas emergency line you can ring if you suspect a gas leak.

MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 20:56:37

They are replacing the lines in the street and the pipework into the houses. They have been doing the whole street for ages now.

It's water from the boiler. I can see where it is coming from roughly - he must have knocked a pipe. I know it hadn't been leaking before because a canvas bag sat under the boiler until he moved it today and nothing in that is wet. I just went to put that back in when I found the puddle.

Glad about the food then. Don't fancy having to fill the freezer again.

onedev Mon 10-Feb-14 21:00:30

Whereabouts are you MrsB? Who's the gas transporter doing the work? If you think there's a gas emergency, then you should phone 0800 111 999.

MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 21:00:35

I think I'll go and find the guy in the morning - pretty sure he'll be next door.

I'm just annoyed because there was a choice of 4 plugs - radio, kettle and toaster in the other 3 and it's very obvious which was the fridge one.

MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 21:04:29

Don't worry! It's not an emergency. The ice cream survived.

onedev Mon 10-Feb-14 21:17:38

Haha, I wasn't meaning that, but couldn't figure what had happened with your boiler as that sounds potentially dangerous!

mrsjay Mon 10-Feb-14 21:19:44

tomorrow get hold of a manager if you can and tell them about your freezer been turned off or phone them tonight you will be compensated they were negligent hopes to god it wasnt my husband

MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 21:23:46

grin

They have just knocked one of the water pipes. They were drilling directly under it.

And they left huge piles of brick dust in the cupboard.

Normally I wouldn't mind but they have been making my life a misery for nearly 3 weeks.

Leaving some kind of generator running outside until 11 or 12 at night and shouting and joking with each other that late too. And the usual joy of having a path and garden full of deep trenches and mud baths sad

I'm just fed up now.

Plus, he took a VERY smelly poo in my toilet today shock

mrsjay Mon 10-Feb-14 21:28:25

oh wouldnt have been him he only poos at home grin

do ask them when they will be finished and ask for a managers direct phone number and tell them about your freezer twats

MrsBartowski Mon 10-Feb-14 21:30:13

Glad to hear it mrsjay grin

I think I will ask for the managers number then.

I cannot wait for them to be finished.

onedev Mon 10-Feb-14 21:33:01

That all sounds terrible MrsB - definitely complain to the manager on site (or via the relevant complaints no) as it shouldn't be like that at all.

onedev Tue 11-Feb-14 21:40:04

How did you get on today MrsB ?

ItStillLooksLikeRainDear Tue 11-Feb-14 21:49:47

Think you may live on my street Mrs B! Digging up gas pipes here too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now