Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To think that bigger ones taste different to smaller ones

(17 Posts)
FlockOfTwats Sun 09-Feb-14 04:01:43

Cans of energy drink that is. I don't like big cans of energy drink. They taste funny and go flat quickly. Smaller ones are much better.

DP thinks IABU and says i am talking shite.

MrRected Sun 09-Feb-14 04:04:10

They are all shite imvho!!!

Shite tasting, full of sugar and other horrendous crap.

FlockOfTwats Sun 09-Feb-14 04:24:51

That point aside MrRected, The bigger ones are still worse.

BuzzardBird Sun 09-Feb-14 04:29:15

Yabu. Why would you put that in your body? (says she that has just downed god knows how much wine at a dinner party)

FlockOfTwats Sun 09-Feb-14 04:33:21

Because i'm a dirty addict buzzard. I'm hooked on the little bastards. I know they're terrible.

I mostly drink them to stay awake during the day because i can't sleep. (Probably doesn't help, but if i don't drink them i still don't sleep and then just have the brain function of something out of 28 days later).

Smoorikins Sun 09-Feb-14 07:51:33

You are now in a cycle caused by energy drinks. Sleep disorders is one of the problems associated with energy drinks, and people do get hooked on them.

You really should try to break that habit.

DaddyPigsMistress Sun 09-Feb-14 07:54:03

They smell like cat piss.

loveulotslikejellytots Sun 09-Feb-14 07:57:58

I used to drink 6 small cans of them a day. They really do mess up your sleep. I gave them up at new year and only now has my sleep pattern gone back to normal shock so 8 weeks it's taken!

loveulotslikejellytots Sun 09-Feb-14 07:59:11

Sorry, yes the small (expensive) cans taste nicer. Sainsburys own version was a close second to red bull.

FlockOfTwats Sun 09-Feb-14 14:31:28

Smoorikins i think you'll find in in a cycle caused by having mental health problems. Jst fyi.

FlockOfTwats Sun 09-Feb-14 14:33:19

Love i only have two small cans lol. One to wake me up and one during my workout.

I bought a different brand yesterday and dp said "i thought you didn't lime that one" that's when i said "no i don't like their bigger cans bigger ones taste funny".

volestair Sun 09-Feb-14 14:58:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CouthyMow Sun 09-Feb-14 15:09:50

Nah, you're right. My Ex, an Ex pub landlord, is adamant it's to do with the bigger surface area of the can and the bubbles popping at a different rate. confused

It DOES just taste different, though...

TalkieToaster Sun 09-Feb-14 15:22:43

Ignoring the professionally outraged posters and just answering your question; you're right, they do taste different. I also think that Lilt in a can is always nice and Lilt from a bottle can sometimes taste 'off'.

ihearttc Sun 09-Feb-14 15:26:12

Lucozade out of a can (when I can find them!) tastes much nicer than out of a bottle as well.

Littleen Sun 09-Feb-14 21:18:48

yabu to like them at all! ewww! hehe

StandingInLine Sun 09-Feb-14 21:26:40

OMG I love a good Energy drink. But ,can only be Redbull (or any generic brand ) ,not too keen on the big cans like Monster ,Rockstar etc...

I know it's bad for you but I don't drink ,don't smoke and don't do drugs. Am I not allowed one vice ? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now