Talk

Advanced search

to not want charity collection bags put through my door daily?!

(24 Posts)
principalitygirl Sat 08-Feb-14 13:28:16

how can I get them stopped?!

sydlexic Sat 08-Feb-14 13:29:13

Don't know, some people just don't know when once is enough.

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Feb-14 13:29:27

Put a sign on your door

Or start SEVEN threads on Mumsnet about it grin

Valdeeves Sat 08-Feb-14 13:30:34

Ha ha Worra - I like them, it's a good way to dejunk without any effort and its a good cause.

HermioneWeasley Sat 08-Feb-14 13:30:46

Why wouldn't you want them? Brilliant for storing stuff, use instead of bin liners or for taking items you no longer want to the charity shop of your choice. Send any you don't want my way!

LadyMaryLikesCake Sat 08-Feb-14 13:30:59

Are you having problems with your phone, principality? grin You can report the other 6 threads and ask MNHQ to delete them for you.

Maybe put a note on your door to say 'no thanks. Due to all of the collection bags coming through your door you now own no clothes and are forced to walk around naked' or something.

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 08-Feb-14 13:31:08

Why is it a problem?

Beanymonster Sat 08-Feb-14 13:33:09

I use them in my daughters nappy bin....

LadyMaryLikesCake Sat 08-Feb-14 13:34:37

I imagine it's a lot like walking through your city centre/town centre every day and being pounced on by chuggers. Once or twice is OK, every day is a bit too much.

I recycle the bags wink

FunkyBoldRibena Sat 08-Feb-14 13:36:33

I use them to put clothes into our local recycling collection [once a fortnight] or reuse when blitzing the house.

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Feb-14 13:37:20

I always feel bad throwing them away but I don't know what else to do with them...because I don't always have stuff to fill them with.

I tried leaving them outside on my electric box, but they just piled up and blew around in the wind.

tolittletoolate Sat 08-Feb-14 13:41:50

I just used them as rubbish bags, we get them nearly every day too.

Beanymonster Sat 08-Feb-14 13:52:27

I get fairly annoyed with the bags people.. We live in a flat block, hidden by another flat block, we get the bags through our door so I assume they will bother to come round the corner to collect them.. Even if I leave them in front of the visible flat block they never collect them and end up in the rubbish bins..

brokenhearted55a Sat 08-Feb-14 14:02:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hoppinggreen Sat 08-Feb-14 14:04:07

Use them as bin bags or chuck them, can't say it's ever inconvenienced me, even slightly

Bearfrills Sat 08-Feb-14 15:33:15

Put a sign on your door - "no leaflets, no charity bags, no collectors or salespeople". I did one for our door when we getting ridiculous amounts of everything on that list.

WhoNickedMyName Sat 08-Feb-14 15:37:12

I use them as bin liners.

We get at least one charity bag every couple of days.

I can't remember the last time I actually bought bin liners.

Preciousbane Sat 08-Feb-14 15:38:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsOakenshield Sat 08-Feb-14 15:43:06

I don't get them quite that frequently, but they're quite handy as there's often something that needs to go to charity but I keep forgetting to take it. Otherwise I bin them or use them as bin liners. Don't really think they're a problem.

liquidstate Sat 08-Feb-14 16:09:31

I use them to pick up dog poo in the garden. It is annoying though as the charity don't get as much money from the collections and sometimes the charity is a bit of an iffy one. The record is 4 in one day. I usually get one or two daily.

I would much rather deal direct with my local charity shop where I have a donor no. which allows them to claim gift aid as I am a taxpayer.

TheSporkforeatingkyriarchy Sat 08-Feb-14 16:21:29

We used to get them a lot; of course now that I could use them while we're clearing out the house they all seem to have stopped.

principalitygirl Sat 08-Feb-14 16:51:30

What liquidstate said! It's not a huge problem, more an annoyance. I've registered on the 'no junk mail' register as I find junk mail annoying too. There's no equivalent for charity bags and local leaflets unfortunately.

Apologies - again! - for the multiple posts. Yes phone problems. I wouldn't post that many times deliberately.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Sat 08-Feb-14 16:55:05

Send them my way! Before Christmas we would get 3 or 4 of these every week but have only had 1 solitary bag in the whole of January! sad

I have 4 bin bags of stuff waiting to be put out when someone's collecting. I do keep thinking I'll just take it to the charity shop but then I think one must be along soon!

Clutterbugsmum Sat 08-Feb-14 16:59:38

Use them as free bin bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now