Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think Tim Haries is not a political prisoner?

(3 Posts)
LingDiLong Sat 08-Feb-14 12:22:51

Tim Haries is the man who vandalised the Queen's portrait to draw attention to the fact that he was denied access to his children. There is a picture doing the rounds on the dreaded Facebook, put together by the 'Free Tim' group stating he has been imprisoned for wanting to see his kids and is a political prisoner. AIBU to think this is blatantly untrue?! He may well be a wronged man who has been treated badly by the family courts but he chose to take Direct Action and is in prison for that. As anyone who vandalised a picture in a gallery would be surely?!

I just think that this group do his cause no good because if they're making up hysterical nonsense about his time in prison, can you believe the rest of his cause?!

LaurieFairyCake Sat 08-Feb-14 12:24:24

No, I think he's a twat.

Luckily I'm not the one who gets to decide who is or who is not a 'political prisoner'.

mumwinner Mon 10-Feb-14 23:26:31

I have read his story and frankly I can't understand why a judge would stop a father seeing his daughters unless there are good reasons for it.
The only thing I am sure it is that many men and women get mad when their partner leaves them and do all sort of stupid things, even put their children at risk.
The man commited a crime, he damaged the Portrait of the Queen. The judge got it right. This is a lesson for other thinking to mime his actions. Lunatics all over the country will follow his steps if punishment/justice is not serve.
People who think the judge did the right thing should start a e petition to congratulate the judge and to make sure Mr portrait vandal serve full term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now