Talk

Advanced search

To believe in near death experiences

(4 Posts)
sbmumtobe Fri 07-Feb-14 23:04:03

What are your thoughts about near death experiences? Do you think there is an afterlife.

A friend told me about this story in the press recently: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545668/Is-proof-near-death-experiences-ARE-real-Extraordinary-new-book-intensive-care-nurse-reveals-dramatic-evidence-says-banish-fear-dying.html

Personally, I find it hard to believe that death is the end. I can't imagine not existing. There are some convincing NDE stories and they completely transform the people who experience the. There must be something to it? But maybe I am deluding myself because of a fear of death...

Euphemia Fri 07-Feb-14 23:11:19

Nah, bollocks, you die and that's that.

DoJo Sat 08-Feb-14 00:06:57

I believe that some people find themselves near death, but don't actually die. In those circumstances, I wouldn't consider someone to be a reliable witness to anything, let alone the afterlife. (Haven't clicked on the link, but sure I can imagine the contents...)

AgentZigzag Sat 08-Feb-14 00:25:02

I don't think that's 'it' when you die and your mind/body can exist independently of each other, I'm not sure WTF happens or why, but it works for me.

At least I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now