Talk

Advanced search

Am I being PFB (long sorry)

(12 Posts)
theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 20:31:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iactuallydothinkso Fri 07-Feb-14 20:35:26

Some people just don't think about it and as you're not concerned about them, as a family, I'm sure this is the case. However they are being remiss by not speaking directly with you. I wouldn't be happy and my child wouldn't be going under the circumstances.

Maybe they're just really really busy and haven't thought about it so if you have a number, you could make the first move?

gordyslovesheep Fri 07-Feb-14 20:36:15

No you are not being PFB - I insist on having the adults talk to me about sleep overs, going for tea, etc and I insist on an address and phone number

Kids invite each other to all sorts of random stuff their parents no nowt about!

SecretRed Fri 07-Feb-14 20:39:38

Nope yanbu. I wouldn't let my nearly 13 year old go to a sleepover without some form of contact from parent first.

PortofinoRevisited Fri 07-Feb-14 20:41:59

My dd is 9 and dreadful for making adhoc arrangements, but some other parents are worse. At her birthday party last year, I had 2 LAST minute calls asking if I was collecting children, as I had told dd I didn't mind picking them up - but had NO RSVP from parents, NO address etc - had assumed they weren't coming.

I would only let dd go if I, personally, dropped at a house, or if I knew the parents well, and they picked up from school, rang or text me to say she had been collected. In your scenario, I would want to agree the arrangements with the parents by phone first. My school would not let dd go with another parent unless they had something in writing from me first anyway.

Twattyzombiebollocks Fri 07-Feb-14 20:49:29

No, yanbu or pfb. Both of my older kids have informed me of arrangements for sleepovers and going to tea at friends houses and when I have spoken to parents it was news to them. I always speak to parents to arrange drop off and pick up and contact numbers in case of problems, regardless of whether I have concerns or not, if only to make sure that the sleepover isn't just something they have cooked up at school between themselves

LaQueenOfHearts Fri 07-Feb-14 20:50:54

theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 20:53:16

WooWooOwl Fri 07-Feb-14 20:54:08

YANBU. I wouldn't let my children go without my speaking to another adult.

deakymom Fri 07-Feb-14 22:26:01

do you know where she lives? could you not drop round to make sure everything is still on?

theborg Sat 08-Feb-14 08:12:25

LouSend Sat 08-Feb-14 08:21:46

My dd is younger but is always coming home saying "I'm going to Olivia's tomorrow for tea," "or Ellie said I can sleep over at the weekend," or "Sophie's coming for tea on Thursday."

I take no heed. If it isn't organised with the parent it isn't happening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: