Advanced search

That I am bursting into tears a lot

(42 Posts)
bongobaby Fri 07-Feb-14 19:29:55

I'm in a state of fear, panic and feeling paranoid. Today I burst into tears at home and went into my wardrobe closed the door and sat in there on my own. Few days ago I came home and sensed somebody had been in the house whilst I was out. Things had been placed where they had not been placed by me and have freaked me out. I'm jumping at every noise, looking over my shoulder.
I'm a mess at the moment and I'm feeling so panicked and crying.

MissBattleaxe Fri 07-Feb-14 19:31:19

Sounds like it could anxiety or depression. Is something big going on in your life? Are you on any medication?

PassTheSherry Fri 07-Feb-14 19:36:21

You don't sound well at all - please see your dr before it gets any worse.

CoffeeBucks Fri 07-Feb-14 19:38:23

Could anyone have moved the stuff - is there a reasonable explanation?

I agree with the PP, you should see a doctor.

VoldysGoneMouldy Fri 07-Feb-14 19:38:27

Are you being treated for anxiety at the moment, love? It sounds like you could do with a visit to the GP.

It's a horrible way to feel, I completely understand. Hand to hold here.

digerd Fri 07-Feb-14 19:39:55

Could be caused by an overactive Thyroid gland. A blood test will diagnose this if the case.
Good luck.

bongobaby Fri 07-Feb-14 19:51:17

I feel like I'm losing it, losing my grip. The police thought it was strange and unexplained what had happened in my house. I don't feel safe in my house.

VoldysGoneMouldy Fri 07-Feb-14 20:17:54

Have you felt like this for a while?

myroomisatip Fri 07-Feb-14 20:24:39

Okay so you think that someone has entered your home and deliberately moved your possessions around?

Do you own your house? Who else has keys? Can you change the locks.

Can you lock yourself in tonight so that no one can get in?

monkeynuts123 Fri 07-Feb-14 20:29:16

Do you have someone who can take you to the out of hours doctor this weekend? You sound like you might be having a psychotic break.

deakymom Fri 07-Feb-14 22:27:51

see your doctors incase its you change your locks incase its "them"

Melonbreath Sat 08-Feb-14 09:21:53

Change the locks and see a doctor. Anxiety attacks and paranoia are the most horrible terrifying things to experience

ChubbyFeets Sat 08-Feb-14 09:27:29

Do you live in rented accommodation? Do you think it may be a paranormal occurrence?

bongobaby Sat 08-Feb-14 10:14:52

I live in rented accommodation, it's not a paranormal occurrence as I have lived in the property for many years.
I have my suspicion who it is and it is really unnerving me as I can't totally prove it but know who is doing this.

ChubbyFeets Sat 08-Feb-14 10:17:12

Could you put a camera in somewhere? Alert the police? Is it a neighbour or an ex?

maddening Sat 08-Feb-14 10:19:07

get a camera - you can get CCTV style things relatively cheaply that you can tune in to on your tv - point it at where you think they got in - you would have proof then.

can you ask a friend to stay over?

bongobaby Sat 08-Feb-14 10:34:00

Money is tight at the moment to be able to afford CCTV.
It's been a slow campaign of terrorising me over the years and it is making me fearful for myself and ds.

ChubbyFeets Sat 08-Feb-14 10:44:45

What about bucket over the door type tricks to deter them?

harriet247 Sat 08-Feb-14 10:52:14

Can you go to your myms or something over the weekend? Did you twll the police your suspicions?

harriet247 Sat 08-Feb-14 10:53:07

Alsi maybe change your locks/add extra ones?I agree with seeking help,maybe womens aid?

fraiserno Sat 08-Feb-14 10:54:29

Probably stupid question but is there anyone who could come and stay with you for a while and especially while you are out to help see what might be going on? If someone i knew was in your position and asked me to help in a specific way then i would be glad they did approach me and let me know what i might be able to do to help.

heatseeker Sat 08-Feb-14 10:56:05

Sorry this is happening to you op. I knew a friend who SIL and her family experienced the same sort of thing. There were a couple of families who lived in her street who kept breaking into their house moving stuff about like photos in a picture frame. The did just the sort of think to make them doubt their minds, then it gradually escalated.
If you think this is what is happening try to rig up a few things across windows, doors, entrance to stairs. Something that will move or snap as they walk across (not enough for them to perhaps notice though). Set up voice recording devices, I am sure these will be a lot cheaper than CCTV if you cannot afford this. Perhaps try to borrow a cheap camcorder or buy one secondhand and camouflage it in some way.
Do you have a male friend/family member who would be willing to stay in the house (smuggled in on the sly) then you leave the house with DS? Make sure you make lots of trips to the car loading bags in or something? Make it obvious you are going out?

fraiserno Sat 08-Feb-14 11:35:46

I was thinking the same as heatseeker also go back to the police if you cannot get help elsewhere and stress that you are not going out of your mind but you might soon if they do not help NOW. Please do not feel you cannot insist that they help you now.

liketohelp Sat 08-Feb-14 15:33:02

OP, sorry you are upset. This is the type of thing stalkers do - it`s called gaslighting. Do you think the person you suspect is stalking you? The National Stalking Helpline is on 0808 802 0300, weekdays, website is They`re very good.
Change your locks, and/or barricade bedroom door at night.
You need to go in to the police station & make a full report & get a Crime Number (if you haven`t yet). Keep a log of incidents to hand in to them. Photograph any vandalism. Keep going back to the police in person.

heatseeker Sat 08-Feb-14 18:19:13

how are you doing bongobaby are you ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now