Talk

Advanced search

Who runs police twitter accounts?

(13 Posts)
theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 10:50:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hootloop Fri 07-Feb-14 11:00:02

I am not sure who runs ours but thry are really funny, they offer crime prevention tips but but regularly advise people to call 101 if they need help or advice as that is not what they (the twiitter account) are there for.

SomethingkindaOod Fri 07-Feb-14 11:05:18

Ours tend to stick to reassuring people that scary clowns aren't going to turn upon your doorstep and mug you, there are no paedophiles hanging around various schools in the Borough along with all of the other FB crap and traffic advice tbh!
YANBU to expect better than what you read, that sounds like it was written by someone with no knowledge of procedure.

BreconBeBuggered Fri 07-Feb-14 11:09:08

I follow a couple of police forces' Twitter accounts, and they both advise in their bios that they are not there to deal with reported crimes. It's not like tweeting a company in the hope of accessing better customer service.

LisaMed Fri 07-Feb-14 11:13:01

Solihull police are a couple of coppers who are paid in biscuits, apparently. They are also brilliant. eg

What’s the most imaginative place you hide your Class A drugs? Send us a tweet, we’d love to know

linky

theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 11:13:19

MartinSheensTeeth Fri 07-Feb-14 11:13:22

Did you see the Bristolian police tweets about the crocodile in the river? grin

Our local one is either v funny or too serious. They also have automated tweets like PC X is (activity chosen from drop down list) in (local area chosen from drop down list). Sometimes the drop down lists do not work and PC Smith is hang gliding in Kingston.

theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 11:15:07

LisaMed Fri 07-Feb-14 11:17:00

I live nowhere near Solihull, apparently they are followed in all sorts of places. I follow my local one, who seem dull and worthy.

TheDoctorsNewKidneys Fri 07-Feb-14 11:34:05

I love the Solihull one. I live nowhere near there but I follow them and loads of their tweets crack me up.

theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 12:03:11

theborg Fri 07-Feb-14 12:08:28

hootloop Fri 07-Feb-14 13:46:13

I am in Solihull they are very entertaining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now