Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be confused as to why there appear to be two full sets of crown jewels?

(8 Posts)
RoseRedder Thu 06-Feb-14 21:57:19

Watching the bbc2 The Stuarts and it got me thinking

I've seen the crown and stuff in Edinburgh Castle

But they are also apperently in the Tower of London?

Are there two crowns and rings and scepters?

WooWooOwl Thu 06-Feb-14 22:06:18

Isn't the stuff in Scotland the Scottish queen's stuff and the stuff in the Tower of London the English queens stuff?

That's how I understood it anyway, it's just that the queen of Scotland and the queen of England just happen to now be the same person.

Daykin Thu 06-Feb-14 22:09:19

The Scottish ones are - the Scottish ones. I don't think they've been used since James V. Might be wrong about that but I can't think who else would use them

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 06-Feb-14 22:12:34

Thank god, I knew I had left those sparkly trinkets of mine laying about somewhere

Thanks op xx

grumpyoldbat Thu 06-Feb-14 22:12:48

I think it's pretty much what woo said.

Iwannalaylikethisforever Thu 06-Feb-14 22:16:59

I think there are in fact other sets. (Grin - can't make those smiley faces)
I'm sure I heard those on display are fake, the originals being "in the bank."

zeezeek Thu 06-Feb-14 22:25:49

"in the bank."

RBS?

Lehman Brothers?

grin

leavesalmondoutofit Thu 06-Feb-14 22:36:52

The Scottish crown jewels are known as the honours of Scotland. There is no bling about them. I haven't seen them for a long a time but that's my recollection. They are on display at Edinburgh Castle. The UK crown jewels are displayed in the white tower at the tower of London. OMG they do sparkle Lots of stories about both.

Iwanna to make a grin use the square brackets. A kind mnetter told me on a thread. I didn't know I had square brackets blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now