Talk

Advanced search

WIBU?

(4 Posts)
Caff2 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:26:05

Was I being unreasonable to ask to see my original health visitor instead of the one I have an appointment from? She's coming as the doctor has referred me to have a visit as I have been suffering from (work related) stress and a bit of depression due to very difficult recent events. I think they just want to check all is well with me and my younger son as at the moment I am at home with him whilst having some time off work. Thing is, whilst I have never met the health visitor who's sent me the apt to see me, I did like my original HV a lot and would feel more comfortable having someone I've met visit.

I have asked if she could come instead - does that look odd? Also, some of my friends/acquaintances have had the other lady and not liked her - not that that means anything, as we all have different experiences with professionals, but if I have to have a visit, I'd rather it was with a person I have met and thought was really good.

TrampledUnderfoot Thu 06-Feb-14 16:36:39

I think its fine to ask for the health visitor you feel comfortable with.

Is she available for a visit?

Caff2 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:38:50

I don't know - they're going to call me back. Just didn't want to look like I was not engaging with the HV team by asking to change the visit.

SpinDoctorofAethelred Thu 06-Feb-14 16:46:48

I think it's quite normal for people to prefer HCPs they know. That's why some trusts try to make sure pregnant women have the same midwife through the whole pregnancy, and my doctors' surgery always asks me which doctor I want to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now