Talk

Advanced search

when the bloody hell is it going to stop raining?

(32 Posts)
AtYourCervix Thu 06-Feb-14 15:35:47

I have Had Enough.

Stop. Bloody. Raining.

Bowlersarm Thu 06-Feb-14 15:41:03

I cannot remember what the sun looks like.

Forecast isn't good either sadly.

ProfPlumSpeaking Thu 06-Feb-14 15:42:01

What is this "sun" of which you speak?

AtYourCervix Thu 06-Feb-14 15:42:40

The mud!!

Oh my god the mud.

Bowlersarm Thu 06-Feb-14 15:43:29

Maybe we could look for it's hat? Coax it out.

phantomnamechanger Thu 06-Feb-14 15:43:35

sad I know what you mean, it's depressing. I just keep saying at least we have not been flooded and lost everything. so many peoples lives devastated by this long spell of freak weather. just awful.

Bowlersarm Thu 06-Feb-14 15:44:19

The mud. The mud and my dogs sad.

TheBookofRuth Thu 06-Feb-14 15:47:33

DD is loving it, she loves splashing in puddles. I am not. It takes frigging ages to get anywhere like that.

MrsBartowski Thu 06-Feb-14 15:52:14

It will stop when you decide to get undressed for the day and have no further plan of venturing out.

And then it will start again precisely 4 minutes before you have to leave the house.

Also, it will make a special effort to rain heavily when you're having emergency gas repairs involving several workmen traipsing through your garden and house sad

autumnsmum Thu 06-Feb-14 16:12:38

It's beyond rubbish isn't it ! I would love some cold crisp winter weather

MummaMouse Thu 06-Feb-14 16:24:45

I dont like all this rain. My coat wont dry out. I hate putting a soggy coat back on.

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Thu 06-Feb-14 21:00:53

Don't complain, its not snowing!!!!

We did need a wet winter apparently.

I think its been wet enough now, though to be fair.

crispycronut Thu 06-Feb-14 21:04:46

What is this "sun" of which you speak?

Shit, that made me laughgrin

I'm in the thick of it in Somerset so we dont have much to laugh about down here!

curlew Thu 06-Feb-14 21:05:12

I offered publically- well, on Mumsnet and Facebook- to marry anyone I needed to to make the rain stop. But nobody seems to know who...

Honeysweet Thu 06-Feb-14 21:12:09

Why do we need a wet winter London?

IamRechargingthankYou Thu 06-Feb-14 21:53:50

I have told ds (now 12) at the start of every winter for the past 5 years - really it doesn't snow every year, for the past 6 it has (in the places it doesn't always) and he now thinks it's normal, when it isn't. This year it hasn't, we haven't really had much of the cold, frosty thing either (but then it's still only early Feb) so it might just be an 'even-outer season', to make up for the accumulating dry seasons that we've had too.

ShadowOfTheDay Thu 06-Feb-14 21:56:56

We are in Gloucestershire - it has rained every day but 2 this year so far....

just think - if it had snowed instead we'd be 6 feet deep by now... shock

Crowler Thu 06-Feb-14 21:57:37

Honestly, I feel like I want to kill someone.

pussycatdoll Thu 06-Feb-14 21:59:47

I think snow would tip me over the edge

I need cold frosty sunny days

The rain & wind is the worst combination

OpalQuartz Thu 06-Feb-14 22:00:07

Where I live it is predicted to be dry tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, but Saturday and then Tuesday through to Sat 15th is predicted to be rain. a friend down the road has water coming in her kitchen due to flooding. sad

SomethingOnce Thu 06-Feb-14 22:08:29

We did need a wet winter apparently.

I think its been wet enough now, though to be fair.

Indeed. I'm pretty fucking sure the groundwater has been replenished, and then some, by this point.

Jux Thu 06-Feb-14 22:24:37

Never. I'm building an ark.

ScentedScandal Thu 06-Feb-14 22:27:37

Bet there'll still be a hosepipe ban as the rain continues to lash down in the summer.

Sweetart Thu 06-Feb-14 22:33:13

At least it's not snowing or frosting. Poor all of you that have been flooded though.

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 06-Feb-14 22:41:24

I want it to snow! I want to do sledging and I want it to be proper cold to kill off the horrible sniffly cold virus that is circulating before it lands on me. I am sick of constantly being wet and having to listen to the endless drips from my blocked gutter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now