Talk

Advanced search

To not understand how you can be with someone who "can't kiss"

(95 Posts)
DixieGoesToHollywood Thu 06-Feb-14 14:05:42

Because I hear a lot of people saying "my DH can't kiss", and I find it really odd that there are people out there who are in a relationship with someone they don't enjoy kissing.

Custardo Thu 06-Feb-14 14:06:08

neer heard anyone say that

tis odd

DixieGoesToHollywood Thu 06-Feb-14 14:07:34

This isn't a TAAT but it's been mentioned on one of the other threads on here, I've heard it mentioned on mumsnet before as well.

arethereanyleftatall Thu 06-Feb-14 14:11:30

Ah, that was me. My dh can't kiss. Mouth open. No ones perfect.

arethereanyleftatall Thu 06-Feb-14 14:13:11

It's not a biggie for me. More important things in a relationship, and kissing will have less and less importance as time goes on.

SofaKing Thu 06-Feb-14 14:13:39

My dh isn't that great a kisser either, but it isn't everything. He is great at other stuff smile

arethereanyleftatall Thu 06-Feb-14 14:14:46

Plus I snogged loads of people at uni so I don't feel I'm missing out

TheListingAttic Thu 06-Feb-14 14:16:55

SofaKing Mine too. He's not bad at it - think that might be a deal breaker - but it's not what he's best at. Everything else is great though! (TMI alert - what he does with his mouth doesn't seem very adept at my mouth end, but somehow translates waaaaaaaaaay better at the, erm, other end. Go figure!)

Innogen Thu 06-Feb-14 14:21:17

I can't get myself that worked up over this. Been with all sorts of kissers, some who gelled more with me than others.

What is 'can't kiss' for me, is perfect for someone else.

Whether or not he can make me cum is miles more important!

bodygoingsouth Thu 06-Feb-14 14:23:39

sod the kissing, how big is the knob and does he know how to use it?

LyndaCartersBigPants Thu 06-Feb-14 14:25:06

I worry that I've made my DP into a 'bad' kisser because I always come when he accidentally clinks his teeth into mine, so now he does it on purpose grin

If we ever split up I pity his next girlfriend if he tries any of the moves on her that do it for me; I fear I have quite specific tastes in that department!

ConfusedPixie Thu 06-Feb-14 14:26:59

I don't like snogging and never have, so the fact that DP isn't amazing at it isn't bothersome to me! I can't imagine it being a deal breaker to be honest!

Grennie Thu 06-Feb-14 14:29:33

It depends what is important to you. I think kissing is really important, so this would be a massive issue for me.

Blockette Thu 06-Feb-14 14:49:15

I don't think I can kiss very well blush and I don't really like doing it, so we don't.

Luckily my DH still loves me and hasn't used it as a reason to leave me ...

DixieGoesToHollywood Thu 06-Feb-14 15:07:08

So if your DP is not a good kisser, do you never snog?

Ichibanformen Thu 06-Feb-14 15:08:47

Ugh, snog.

Kissing/snogging is not the be-all and end-all of a relationship - not as far as I am concerned, anyway.

Tbh, I don't enjoy kissing, so it wouldn't bother me at all.

muser31 Thu 06-Feb-14 15:11:28

i don't like kissing and it bothers my dh. i don't know what to do about it. i hate when he uses his tongue - makes me feel sick!

we aren't together now but if we ever get back together itl be an issue!

MardyPants Thu 06-Feb-14 15:13:56

I've been single for a while and snogged some HORRENDOUS snoggers, like this big wide open mouth coming at me like something out of a horror film, trying to swallow my face.

Am now really paranoid that I might snog someone one day who thinks I am a bad kisser the way I've thought these men are bad kissers. So if I do happen to snog someone, I'm totally self-conscious and concentrating so hard on what I'm doing, it probably is quite shit.

Oh God, help me .

DixieGoesToHollywood Thu 06-Feb-14 15:25:22

I heard people kiss the way they'd like to be kissed <not helping>

So for the non-snoggers, do you not kiss during sex?

Innogen Thu 06-Feb-14 15:45:40

Interesting Dixie. Makes sense.

Does anybody else find that they are the 'adaptable' kisser? When someone wants to kiss me with closed mouths, I'm happy to oblige, and likewise I get my tongue stuck in when he does too.

Probably why it doesn't bother me.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Feb-14 15:46:25

I agree OP, I've often wondered the same thing, it seems to be mentioned a lot on here. Kissing is the most important thing imo as it's the star of things to come...

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 06-Feb-14 15:49:34

I've always told myself that it's personality and how they treat you that's important.

The people I've enjoyed kissing the most are people with whom it hasn't worked out.

However I'm
Getting old now so I do sometimes dream of having someone who ticks all the boxes grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Feb-14 15:51:01

So, to the non kissers-do you kiss each other but not full on snogs? I can't imagine sex without kissingconfused

DixieGoesToHollywood Thu 06-Feb-14 15:53:30

Also you know when you first start seeing someone and you get those butterflies when you have your "first kiss", did you just think "meh" with your DP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now