Talk

Advanced search

to post an update on my NDN/phone/swordfight situation, without providing a link to the original thread??

(22 Posts)
WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 13:02:16

I received a real cross section of answers to my first ever AIBU; some more sympathetic than others!
Anyway, as it caused so much :O, I thought I'd update. However, I can't link, as my browser just shuts down whenever I try :-/ (I found it byv searching for 'phone' and my name).
I realised my only option was to move, but also felt this was unrealistic, due to having no money for deposit, agent's fees etc. But we found a long term private rent, and we're so relieved and happy. landlord is happy to add extra on to the rent each month to make uo the deposit, and is in no hurry to sell, so Im not worried about having to renew/move every 6 months. After 5 years of being amongst awful, awful people, I'd forgotten that decent ones exist!
So, that's the good news...
Here's the bad, and wholly unshocking to anyone that saw the original thread, news. I sold the TV to pay for a hire van, and left it, and other stuff behind, as I'm still within the notice period on the old house. I arranged to meet the buyer therethe follfollowing day, only to find the back door kicked in, and the wall bracket empty. And the house phones gone, but the base still plugged in (so they could still be used next door!)
Yes, dear reader, the NDNs burgled me! :-/

Suelford Thu 06-Feb-14 13:42:35

Original thread?

BuzzardBird Thu 06-Feb-14 13:47:50

Frickin ell OP! shock

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 13:51:32

That's the one - thanx, Suelford :-)

Hissy Thu 06-Feb-14 13:55:22

bloody hell! did you call the police? have you turned off the phone service?

AlpacaLypse Thu 06-Feb-14 14:04:11

Just shot back through your old thread - I'd read it as it unfolded but wanted to refresh my memory.

I take it you've unplugged the base station and taken it away?

Also contacted your service provider to get it switched off?

SofaKing Thu 06-Feb-14 14:10:51

Wow! Was going to ask if you had called the police but I think it will have little effect, as I imagine your TV is in cash converters by now.

I might call them anyway as you will need to prove you are not responsible for the bill if they have been using your phone.

So glad you have somewhere else to live though, that is great news!

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 14:14:06

Yes, I phoned the police straightaway. The neighbours claimed to have found the tv in the front garden at 6am and then remembered hearing banging at midnight. So they then let themselves in through the broken door and took the phones for 'safekeeping', but left the base plugged in at mine.
Fortunately, all the recovered electrical items survived a night outside in torrential train, and work perfectly...

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 14:18:33

Oh, and the HA have secured the property, and I'm not liable as they have the crime reference.

AlpacaLypse Thu 06-Feb-14 14:23:23

Brilliant news - but I sincerely pity the family who ends up taking over your old house!

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 14:25:04

Thanx, Sofaking. The new place is perfect; my dream house, almost - an old terrace, so different from the boxy modern one. It's on a much busier road, which is actually quite reassuring. I keep hearing noises, tho, and my heart sinks, and then I remember where I am :-)

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 14:26:31

Me too,. Alpaca, but I reckon I've done my bit.

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 21:31:54

FFS - now they've nicked the bin! :@

kelper Thu 06-Feb-14 21:35:01

Heaven help their new neighbours!
Glad you've escaped, I remember reading your other thread with my mouth hanging open at their audacity!

sarine1 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:44:05

I remember your last thread. You were such a lovely kind neighbour to those dreadful people - am so pleased that all has turned out well for you. Enjoy the peace!

eddielizzard Thu 06-Feb-14 21:59:31

how absolutely horrendous for you. you must feel like they've stopped drilling on a raw nerve. i've had awful neighbours but none nearly as bad as that. hope your new place is just lovely and you settle down to nice normalcy.

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 22:06:48

Thanx - I still need to go back there once more to pull up the staircatort, before I hand back the keys. To the landlord, that is - they asked me to drop them in to them when I was finished moving out, as they needed my doors! They just assumed I would be "doing a runner" without paying the rent, and were quite put out :-/

WomanScorned Thu 06-Feb-14 22:07:42

staircarpet

eddielizzard Fri 07-Feb-14 07:17:17

your DOORS????

CatONineTails Fri 07-Feb-14 07:36:12

They sound ghastly and I am so happy for you that you are out of there!

Can't believe the posters on your other thread who thought you should be handling them differently. I've had similar neighbours and it's a case of survival mechanisms coming to the fore. You have to do whatever makes you safest and least of a target because frankly it's better that people like that consider you a friend than an enemy...

Good luck with your move smile

WomanScorned Fri 07-Feb-14 11:49:47

Yes, apparently their doors have holes in!

mistlethrush Fri 07-Feb-14 11:54:37

I'm very pleased that you've got a new house OP! (I was aghast at your previous one when it happened!) I do pity the new residents though - perhaps the HA will pick them carefully and make sure that they're 'suitable' in relation to their nnd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now