Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with my voluntary work coordinator who is over half an hour late so far

(5 Posts)
LittleMissGerardButlersMinion Thu 06-Feb-14 10:09:08

I booked an appt with my coordinator for some voluntary work I do, for 9.30am today, as I need to talk to her about why I can't do it any more.

She hasn't shown up yet and I haven't heard from her.

I've been feeling anxious about talking to her anyway and she still isn't here.

I'm going to text her now but if I don't here from her I'm going out as I need to go to the shops.

I try to do the right thing, and wanted to be a volunteer for them but they keep messing me about and I'm really pissed off with them now!

FannyFifer Thu 06-Feb-14 10:10:52

Just leave,text her your resignation.

SugarMiceInTheRain Thu 06-Feb-14 10:29:03

I agree, just text your resignation, say you waited in but have things to do. I had a coordinator for some voluntary work I did, who was a bit like this. Hardly ever answered her phone and I got hacked off - she was paid by the charity whereas I was giving up my free time, and she was the one who didn't return calls and didn't offer the support I needed for what was quite an emotionally draining role angry Sometimes people forget you are a volunteer

LittleMissGerardButlersMinion Thu 06-Feb-14 11:22:58

She rang me, she has been.

I didnt resign sad

I just couldn't do it, I'm so pathetic sad

I did talk about my concerns, and have some ideas now, but I have said I don't feel confident, will see how it goes.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 06-Feb-14 13:06:11

It's a shame if you are feeling anxious and unsupported.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now