Advanced search

Not an aibu, but a request for help from scottish mumsnetters

(11 Posts)
dementedmumof6 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:18:00

My friend has recently fled an abusive relationship and had to move cities with the help of womens aid, but she hasn't been in contact with the local branch and is looking for a solicitor that will take legal aid to help her fight for custody of her child, as her ex has a very good solicitor and the money to drag it out and has told her he is going for full custody.

so if anyone could recommend some one that I could pass onto her I would be very grateful.


FannyFifer Wed 05-Feb-14 20:25:02

Maybe say what City she is in?
Hope she gets sorted soon.

MerryInthechelseahotel Wed 05-Feb-14 20:55:30

Hope she finds someone. Can't recommend a solicitor as mine was pretty bad. Where is she, can you say?

WanderingAway Wed 05-Feb-14 20:56:56

Can you say which city? Or PM me

dementedmumof6 Wed 05-Feb-14 21:29:03

she is in Glasgow

BasketzatDawn Wed 05-Feb-14 21:59:31

Sorry I can't recommend anyone as no idea. But she could ask Govan Law Centre - or, I think there's one at Partick too? - and they can maybe point her in the right direction. HTH. Contact details online or in phone book.

glasgowsteven Wed 05-Feb-14 22:03:41

Turn bull mccarron

Nicola Forrest is good

Graceparkhill Wed 05-Feb-14 22:07:01

Glasgow Women's Aid have info on local law centres on their website and other support too.

justmyview Wed 05-Feb-14 22:07:34

Try Family Law Association for ideas

Caitlin17 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:46:21

You can search on a location basis, practice area or accredited specialist.

JellicleCat Thu 06-Feb-14 00:29:41

Scottish legal Aid Board

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: