Talk

Advanced search

To refuse to warm ds milk up?

(16 Posts)
Dollslikeyouandme Wed 05-Feb-14 17:02:37

Ds is 5, he likes milk and always wants it warmed up.

I used to give it 20 seconds in the microwave, but the microwave is broke, and I'm not buying a new one anytime soon because I only used it to warm up ds milk.

My boyfriend then took to putting ds cup in a jug of boiling water to warm it up, fair enough and I've been doing this in the morning.

I've just got in from work, I'm knackered, I've done ds a drink of milk, I can't be bothered to warm it up, I want to sit down for 5 minutes before I start tea/washing/hoovering/reading books and everything.

Ds is crying, I think a cold milk won't kill him.

TurnOffTheTv Wed 05-Feb-14 17:04:03

Just slosh some in a pansmile

curlew Wed 05-Feb-14 17:04:46

Just put it in a pan and put it on the hob. Easier than having a fight about it. You could have done it in the time it took you to post.

Dollslikeyouandme Wed 05-Feb-14 17:04:54

I also said he could eat the banana which he left in his lunchbox instead of the Rice Krispies bar he's asking for, so I'm doubly cruel.

CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Feb-14 17:06:42

How about sloshing a bit of boiling water from the kettle in? Like tea without the tea bag grin

Dollslikeyouandme Wed 05-Feb-14 17:07:52

I just think it's not the point and it won't hurt him to have it cold.

He's actually drank it now.

curlew Wed 05-Feb-14 17:09:13

Enjoy your cup of cold tea.......

Pooka Wed 05-Feb-14 17:10:11

Do it in a saucepan?

Dollslikeyouandme Wed 05-Feb-14 17:10:37

Surely cold tea and cold milk are not the same thing? It is perfectly normal to drink cold milk is it not?

Artandco Wed 05-Feb-14 17:11:24

I think it's a bit mean actually. If you've just got in then so has he. It's freezing outside and it's nice to have a warm drink. I'm assuming you would drink tea/ coffee etc warm. Just put it in a pan or buy a new microwave ( about £15 in tesco)

squoosh Wed 05-Feb-14 17:11:52

YANBU

Get him to develop a taste for cold milk as well as warm.

IamInvisible Wed 05-Feb-14 17:15:52

YABU.

DS2 is 17 and will still only drink warm milk. Granted if the microwave broke, he would warm it up in the pan himself.

I don't understand people who say "X won't kill him" just because they like it so seem to think other people should. I don't eat and drink things I don't like so there was not a chance I was going to force my kids to do it!

PuppyMonkey Wed 05-Feb-14 17:18:04

People have different tastes and likes. This is not illegal.

squoosh Wed 05-Feb-14 17:18:52

Well he drank the cold milk so he can't hate it that much.

Dollslikeyouandme Wed 05-Feb-14 17:19:46

I don't like cold milk, I wouldn't drink a cup of milk at all.

Although when we visit other people's houses they always think it's really strange and a bit gross to drink warmed up milk after the age of 2, so I was starting wonder if it was a bit of a bad habit anyway.

DoJo Wed 05-Feb-14 18:18:31

I get you - whether or not you CAN heat it up is besides the point, it's the fact that it has now become impractical and sometimes kids have to learn to roll with the punches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now