Talk

Advanced search

To not want to collect my children from School

(10 Posts)
Clutterbugsmum Wed 05-Feb-14 15:14:02

I don't want to get wet through and blown around AGAIN, I feel like I'm stuck on the spin cycle of a washing machine grin.

If I don't answer its because I'm getting said children.

LouiseSmith Wed 05-Feb-14 15:14:58

YANBU - I'm sure they would find there own way home eventually anyway. smile x

Tryharder Wed 05-Feb-14 16:17:47

YANBU. I drove to collect them even though it's only 10 minutes walk and the drove around the block a few times until a space appeared.

jacks365 Wed 05-Feb-14 16:22:38

YANBU not only did I not pick dd up I sent her straight out to the shop when she got in

Joysmum Wed 05-Feb-14 16:24:16

YABU

You need to man up and get with the programme. Simply buy a huge 4x4 with heated seats and then park inconsiderately like us all do grin

Here, have some of this to help you cope wine cake

Clutterbugsmum Wed 05-Feb-14 16:27:27

Tryharder, I know mines only 5min walk.

I cheated I picked up ds (3.20) and took into my mums, then when dd2 came out (3.30) did the same, luckly mums house is right next to the school but she would go and get them. It was 3.40 by the time DD1 came out.

I am being nice to them they have had hot chocolate and are getting a picky tea as requested.

I on the other hand got wet through.

Stinklebell Wed 05-Feb-14 16:31:17

YANBU!

I bloody hate the school run, I got blown there and blown back in the peeing rain and then some bastard drove through a massive puddle at ridiculous speed and drenched me.

I reckon I've only got another 18 months of it though, DD1 is in now high school and gets there and back under her own steam DD2 can walk herself there and back from year 6

Starballbunny Wed 05-Feb-14 16:38:00

YANBU due to our stupid takes an hour to do a 15minute journey bus. I had to get the DDs tonight (or DD1 gets no tea).

The sodding road is flooded so I've just been all round the back lanes and still beaten the buses dual time by 35 minutes.

However, if it keeps raining I will need an amphibious vehicle to do the same trip tomorrow.

ouryve Wed 05-Feb-14 16:42:56

The rain had eased off, somewhat, here (was bouncing at about 2pm) but manoeuvring a giant buggy with its rain cover on in a howling gale was great fun. My hands hurt, now.

WanderingAway Wed 05-Feb-14 17:17:23

My 9yr old walks to & from school by herself. It is great grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now