Talk

Advanced search

To expect high street clothes shops to......

(9 Posts)
Higgledyhouse Wed 05-Feb-14 12:53:05

Nicely fold purchased items before putting them in a bag!!!!!

The amount of times my items have been carelessly folded, rolled and sometimes literally just stuffed in a bag is ridiculous. They look like rags when you take them out!!!!

More recently I have awkwardly said "sorry do you mind if I just fold that top properly, just to prevent it becoming creased" and am met with a response to suggest I am being unreasonable!!

I wonder if shops train their staff in the art if folding smile

Fakebook Wed 05-Feb-14 12:54:55

I've never had this. Even Primark fold my clothes nicely. Next don't fold nicely during the sales. Which shop did you go to?

CoffeeTea103 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:56:12

I've also never experienced this.in fact they always take so long to bag my clothes grin

dexter73 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:56:27

I'm always surprised at how much care the assistants take folding up the clothes when they are just going in a carrier bag. Where do you live/shop?

JunoMacGuff Wed 05-Feb-14 13:05:06

Higgledy I agree!

I am sick of it. It seems to happen in all lower end high street stores now; topshop, new look, H&M etc.

I went shopping yesterday, bought from 4 shops. The difference is astounding.

Topshop half arsed folded the clothes and shoved them in a plastic bag
New Look threw them in a plastic bag
Reiss folded neatly and put into a 'card' bag
The Kooples folded neatly and put into a 'card' bag
Harvey Nichols folded neatly, wrapped in tissue paper, and put into a card bag with a sticker sealing the bag.

You are paying for clothes, it shouldn't matter where you are. Itputs me off going into those shops.

CointreauVersial Wed 05-Feb-14 13:10:12

Juno, I hate it when I get clothes wrapped in poncey tissue, card bags and ribbons (unless it's really high-end). I'd rather they spent that money on the clothes themselves.

Ditto mail order - I bought a dress in the sale from Isabella Oliver recently, and it was tissue-wrapped, stickered, ribboned, put in a posh bag, then in a box, then in a plastic wrap.....I thought "bloody hell, that's why your clothes are over-priced."

If I'm paying peanuts at Primark, and there is a 30-person queue behind me, then just shove it in the bag!

Higgledyhouse Wed 05-Feb-14 13:11:27

I live in Surrey and must admit that I don't experience it in department stores eg. John Lewis, Harvey Nics etc.

This morning was Debenhams where the assistant replied very politely "sorry I'm not very good at folding"!!!

It was a friendly exchange I just made light of it by saying that I was wearing the item tonight so wanted to prevent having to iron it.

But I've also experienced it more recently in Next, H&M (kids clothes) and River Island.

JunoMacGuff Wed 05-Feb-14 13:23:31

Cointreau I guess that's where we differ - I would actually rather the clothes were bumped up by £2 or £3 to have them properly and nicely packaged.

I've never been in Primark but, 30 person queue? shock

towicymru Wed 05-Feb-14 13:31:13

Best not come to Wales - you don't even get the bag (unless you pay 5p)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now