Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone has bought/used a Trunki Boostapak (booster seat in backpack)?

(24 Posts)
undecidedanduncertain Wed 05-Feb-14 12:12:08

I've got 3 small DC and I don't drive. We mostly walk, but occasionally need to use taxis. I have lightweight booster-seat, but carrying three of those plus whatever else we need plus holding the hand of the youngest is hard work because they're such an awkward shape.

I have been looking at the Trunki Boostapak It is a booster-seat in a backpack. I thought that the 6yo and 4yo could potentially wear these themselves, reducing the amount of clutter I'm holding.

It's mega-expensive though, especially as I'd need two (and potentially three in the longer term) and I'd like to know if anyone's used it. Is it worthwhile?

Nathaydn Wed 05-Feb-14 12:16:48

I have a trunki booster seat for my four year old whilst it really handy thingy to have it us quite big an my four year old struggles with it on his back

undecidedanduncertain Wed 05-Feb-14 12:47:20

Thanks Nathay. Maybe I should get one and see how the 6yo goes with that, at least then I'll only be carrying two of the normal ones.

TreeFuMom Wed 05-Feb-14 12:54:06

They have them for £24.99 at Halfords at the moment, which is a really good price. I have just bought two!

Amateurish Wed 05-Feb-14 12:54:07

I have a couple of my two - they are great. Halfords have a deal on - you should be able to get 3 for £70.

TreeFuMom Wed 05-Feb-14 12:54:59

Cross-post smile

undecidedanduncertain Wed 05-Feb-14 12:57:24

Oh brilliant! Looking at Halfords now...

RenterNomad Wed 05-Feb-14 13:00:39

We take ours when travelling. DS didn't have a problem with carrying it at 4. The strsps can be lengthened, though, for an adult to sling on.

leddeeburdee Wed 05-Feb-14 13:00:49

I've got two. DS and DD are 5 and 6. They are really useful for travelling but I don't think they'd be able to carry them by themselves for any significant period of time as they're quite bulky. I'd still recommend though as they're much easier for us to carry around than two normal booster seats!

undecidedanduncertain Wed 05-Feb-14 13:01:27

That's great, thank you very much. I did a Google Shopping Search but hadn't found anything under £40, so that's a huge discount.

They've got them in our local store so will go in at the weekend. Thanks again!

Amateurish Wed 05-Feb-14 14:25:49

TreeFuMom - Beaten to it by one second!

jendot Wed 05-Feb-14 18:20:55

You can get inflatable booster seats, can't remember where I saw them now. But they weren't so expensive or bulky.

Caboodle Thu 06-Feb-14 21:17:49

I have two - I think a four year old could struggle to carry one (especially if it is full of crayons / toys like ours are) but they are fab - ours have withstood the moving about / kids heavy-handedness very well.

Chippednailvarnish Thu 06-Feb-14 21:32:27

I love ours, its been around the world and looks like new...

undecidedanduncertain Fri 07-Feb-14 13:30:45

I guess even if the kids can't carry them, it would be easier for me to sling three backpacks over my shoulder than it is to grasp three booster seats in my arms!

I had a look at the inflatable ones, but can't really see myself inflating and de-inflating them every time for short journeys. Also, I can't blow up balloons (no idea why not!) so might be unable to do it!

fairylightsatchristmas Fri 07-Feb-14 13:36:46

this is timely! We are going abroad in April and was considering getting one of these for DS. Sadly we'll have to fork out for hire for DD as she is only 2 - its 10 euros a DAY!! Thanks for the info- will check Halfords ASAP smile

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Fri 07-Feb-14 13:39:26

They're a great size for hand luggage. When I flew I got ds1 to carry it and they put all their ds's and toys in it fort he flight. Then ds3 sat on it in the car.

I've used it loads as I did to drive until December. Murphy four year old can travel it frin but it can hold a fair amount so could be too heavy when full.

Chippednailvarnish Fri 07-Feb-14 13:39:39

John lewis do them for £30...

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Fri 07-Feb-14 13:40:26

*didn't drive

LiegeAndLief Fri 07-Feb-14 13:41:23

We bought them to travel to see my parents in another country. 6yo ds carried his through the airports etc no problem, and I managed dd's relatively easily slung on my shoulder with a rucksack of my own on my back.

Both dcs have proper booster seats with backs at home but we often use them as spares for friends etc, they are very handy.

BobbyGentry Fri 07-Feb-14 13:44:20

We use ours with our 4 year old, can be used on flights too smile the bag's capacity is rather limited though, & if they need anything from the bag whilst traveling can be problematic.

kippersmum Fri 07-Feb-14 13:54:23

My DC's age 6 & 7 have them and have done for a couple of years. They are fantastic for travelling & they have never had a problem carrying them. I totally recommend them.

undecidedanduncertain Fri 07-Feb-14 15:35:50

Are they quick and easy to fit in the seat? I will have to fit three of them in the back of a taxi while meter is running and trying to keep control of 2yo DC who is less biddable than her older siblings...

LiegeAndLief Fri 07-Feb-14 15:40:32

Pretty easy although the bit you attach to the seatbelt can be a bit fiddly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now