Talk

Advanced search

... to want to kick myself?

(13 Posts)
humha Tue 04-Feb-14 22:25:15

I know AIBU isn't for this sort of thing and so I apologise but thought I'd appeal to the goodwill of mnrs.

I've been recording/looking out for the birthday slot on Cbeebies today because we sent one in but I somehow missed the first slot at 6:50 am today, in between Me Too and Pingu. I just wondered if anyone can remember watching that one and saw a card for twins? If you did would you be kind enough to pm me & I'll give you more details. Goodness knows how I'm going to get hold of a recording because iplayer only loads up the programme itself not the in between bits.

It's just killing me not knowing whether it was read out or not.

humha Tue 04-Feb-14 22:33:26

That's about 4 hours of my life that I'll never get back. (Making the card - I know they warn you & all that ....)

<not really in the spirit of things>

Bugger. HOW did I forget to record it?

rookiemater Tue 04-Feb-14 22:36:11

Aw you poor thing. I made a card for DS's 4th birthday and we still have the recording - somewhere- I think, hope you get lucky.

hollyhunter Tue 04-Feb-14 22:38:03

we got dd's picture on her 4th birthday but we didnt manage to tape it she did see it.

we mention it every now and then and its become part of her personal history. she knows it happened it doesnt need to be kept.

humha Tue 04-Feb-14 22:42:24

I didn't tell them (twins) just in case their card wasn't shown.

I recorded the other 4 birthday times throughout the day and no luck. I half hope they didn't read it out because I'll have so much trouble getting hold of it.

Thanks rookiemater feel as if I do everything arse-first.sad

Funnyfoot Tue 04-Feb-14 22:52:46

Sorry humha I have looked for ages to find it. The message on i-player is that they stopped repeating them as of November 2013. Only suggestion is to e-mail Cbeeies and explain what happened and that you have kicked yourself accordingly......they mail feel sorry for you and e-mail it?

Funnyfoot Tue 04-Feb-14 22:59:11

mail???
may

Catsize Wed 05-Feb-14 06:09:16

I did the same. Missed the early slot. Will never know... And it cost a fortune to post!

minibmw2010 Wed 05-Feb-14 14:32:57

How old were your twins? I saw one earlier for 2 little boys whose names begin with K and E?

Kjenko Fri 03-Jul-15 20:02:42

Please please can someone help? I missed my sons 1st birthday card on Monday 29th June sad just wondering if any mums had recorded it at all? His name is Rory and it was a octonaughts card sad

SoljaBonita Fri 03-Jul-15 20:10:17

maybe start your own thread that at least mentions cbeebies and th birthday slot. And isn't bumping an old one

Mumsnet is huge, massive, and if theres any chance someone can help then at least make the thread title relevant

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Fri 03-Jul-15 20:22:35

I sent one in to cartoonito for ds's fourth birthday and they never showed it at all. I felt proper hmm for DS seeing all the other little children being wished happy birthday on there

iwanttogotothechaletschool Fri 03-Jul-15 22:19:43

I did the same with ds first birthday, he had woken up at 6.20 everyday for the previous year so I didn't bother to set my alarm. That morning he slept till 7am, as did I. Five years on I still wonder if it was shown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now