Talk

Advanced search

To not want more children?

(53 Posts)
Esmatilda Tue 04-Feb-14 21:29:53

We have two adorable little girls - 2 1/2 years and 9 months. I'm 35 and feel our family is complete but DH told me today that we will definitely be having another child. I suspect that he would like a DS to carry on his name but for a number of reasons (including financial, house/car size, no family near by, etc.) I want to stop where we are and enjoy the family. His argument is that if I don't want to give him another child then he will find a woman who will. AIBU to not want more children?

Joysmum Tue 04-Feb-14 21:32:10

You know you're not. He's being a selfish twat.

squoosh Tue 04-Feb-14 21:32:42

Your DH told you that you'd definitely be having a third? And he'll find a woman who will give him a child if you won't?

You know what people are going to tell you don't you?

bigbarns Tue 04-Feb-14 21:33:17

Speechless, and that rarely happens...

ifyourehoppyandyouknowit Tue 04-Feb-14 21:33:35

If that's his attitude I'd ask him to make sure he shut the door on his way out.

verytellytubby Tue 04-Feb-14 21:35:13

He sounds like a charmer. Is he for real????

CoffeeTea103 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:35:23

Off course you know what everyone will say!

PansOnFire Tue 04-Feb-14 21:35:49

Obviously YANBU

Ask him to think about what he's saying, he sounds like an arse.

AdoraBell Tue 04-Feb-14 21:43:55

YANBU

and if my DH said what your's Did I would book an appointment with a solicitor.

morethanpotatoprints Tue 04-Feb-14 21:44:23

Kick the bugger out now. What an arse.
Ask him to clarify first?
Sorry, he's more than as arse he's a banker

OTheHugeManatee Tue 04-Feb-14 21:46:08

He's being a dick.

Sammie101 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:47:44

If my DP said this to me I'd tell him to buggar off and find her then and stop wasting my time!

What an utterly selfish prick confused

Only1scoop Tue 04-Feb-14 21:47:48

Yanbu....
What he has said is disgusting....and very hard to take back hmm

PleaseNoScar Tue 04-Feb-14 21:47:57

Is this a weird reverse?

Iwannalaylikethisforever Tue 04-Feb-14 21:48:33

Hold the front door open and chuck his clothes out, with him closely followed. The search for another woman starts now. What a twat!

Mim78 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:48:38

That is shocking. Can he possibly have meant that the way it came out?

How can he think he can tell you whether or not you are having another child?

Does he usually behave in this way?

akachan Tue 04-Feb-14 21:49:58

Is this an odd reverse to prove a point?

Women on here who want another baby when their DH doesn't are often told to tell him they'll have to leave to have a baby with someone else.

Anyway YANBU (if this is not bullsbit) but obviously if a third child is very important to him and you don't want one then finding another woman is his only option.

Bearbehind Tue 04-Feb-14 21:50:10

I can't actually believe the title of your thread isn't 'To kick my twat of a husband out for saying he'll shag someone else if I don't give him another child'

Seriously, having another child with this dick is the least of your worries.

MojitoMadness Tue 04-Feb-14 21:50:43

Wow! shockI'd be showing him the door and telling him fuck off and go and find another woman then! Cheeky fucker! hmm

misskatamari Tue 04-Feb-14 21:50:51

I wouldn't count on having his name "carried on" if he had a ds either - or it not being carried on by your dd. My husband took my surname as did one of my close friends and I'm sure such things will be even more common when your children grow up and marry.

What an arse!

fancyanotherfez Tue 04-Feb-14 22:00:41

akachan women who want a first child with an unwilling partner are often told to leave, but those who want a third are hardly ever told to break up an existing family that I have seen. As others have said, he's being an utter moron. Tell him to get lost and never have sex with him again

Fishandjam Tue 04-Feb-14 22:02:57

If my DH had said that to me he'd have needed an appointment with a dentist, never mind a solicitor.

akachan Tue 04-Feb-14 22:06:08

fancyanotherfez

Agreed the advice would be a bit more balanced and cautious but there certainly wouldn't be a load of posts calling her an arse, a fucker, a selfish prick and a twat.

Esmatilda Tue 04-Feb-14 22:06:58

Erm thanks all. Now to try and explain once again why we are not having a third. And akachan, had to lol - not bs. He is one of three and i guess this is one of the reasons he wants a big family himself.

akachan Tue 04-Feb-14 22:09:20

Fair enough Esma and apologies. It's odd though you have to admit. Did you really think the answer would be "oh yes YABU, have another at once".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now