Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you whether this is too early and therefore in my head?!

(10 Posts)
WaffilyVersatile Tue 04-Feb-14 17:55:10

I am 9 weeks pregnant and during my last pregnancy I ended up on crutches due to SPD (painful inflamed pelvis), I made the midwife aware of how worried I was about it this time around (it was the reason we didn't ttc again) and she reassured me that I might not feel it this time and as I was so early I have a while before I need to worry...

..so at 9 weeks, am I imagining this burning niggle in the front of my pelvis?? could it be something else?! is it normal??
It niggled me the other day but I just put it down to "one of those things" but today it has been so much worse I have been close to tears.
Have I really got another 31 weeks of this?? sad

whatareyoueventalkingabout Tue 04-Feb-14 17:58:55

I think when people helpfully say "try not to worry" for some people they make it worse. I sympathise with you as I am on my second pregnancy with hyperemesis and people keep saying "it might not be as bad this time" which just doesn't help me one little bit.

I feel your pain xxx

MyNameIsWinkly Tue 04-Feb-14 17:59:32

It might not be SPD. Up until about 15 weeks I had severe pains down my hips and groin which had me worried, but that seems to have eased off and I'm pretty sure it was ligaments stretching and pulling rather than anything more ominous. Do see your midwife/doctor ASAP though, so they can sort physio/crutches/any other help sooner rather than later in case it is something more serious. Good luck.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Tue 04-Feb-14 18:27:54

It does start sooner with each pg - by the time my friend was on her third pg, it started really early, but I couldn't tell you when. Take care of yourself, OP.

SolomanDaisy Tue 04-Feb-14 18:30:55

Mine started at 8 weeks! So it's possible, but it's also possible that you are worrying about a twinge that is really something else.

WaffilyVersatile Tue 04-Feb-14 20:31:06

thanks for your replies, much appreciated x

whatareyoueventalkingabout I agree!!

MyNameIsWinkly thank you, I hope you are right!

NotYouNaanBread Tue 04-Feb-14 21:34:20

Might not have been SPD at all last time - I was misdiagnosed too, and when the pain kicked in 8 weeks into my second pregnancy I went to a chiropractor and he fixed it in 5 mins flat & gave me exercises - his pregnant wife had the same problem so he knew exactly what to do.

Don't believe everything the midwives tell you with this - I felt very dismissed once they decided I had SPD.

See a chiro before despairing.

SeaSickSal Tue 04-Feb-14 21:37:27

Could it be a UTI? If so you need to get it checked out ASAP.

mindthegap01 Wed 05-Feb-14 16:24:18

I developed sciatica at 11 weeks. GP was useless and basically said it couldn't possibly be sciatica or SPD as it was too early in the pregnancy. A different GP, midwife and eventually a physio all agreed that it was sciatica and I was given crutches and lots of stretches to do. I'm pleased to say though that by 30 weeks it stopped hurting! Definitely press for a second opinion - I'd have really struggled without physio.

Good luck with the pregnancy and hope you feel better soon!

Pigsmummy Wed 05-Feb-14 16:41:40

I agree with a chiropractor visit. Also does your local authority offer a short course? There was a half day course that I went on and it really helped. They will follow it up with offers of physio if so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now