Talk

Advanced search

Should I be contacting exh?

(5 Posts)
firedengines Tue 04-Feb-14 16:00:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OneMoreCupOfTea Tue 04-Feb-14 16:06:09

He is a grown man and therefore, should be capable of taking responsibility for contacting his child. If, as you say, you have tried to encourage your daughter to contact him, I don't think you can be expected to do more. You are not being unreasonable.

Braganza Tue 04-Feb-14 16:21:50

YANBU, but it might be worth considering what's best for your DD in the long term. It sounds as though you're on reasonable terms with him - is there a genuine reason why he can't see her at the moment, do you think?

Long term, DD will find it easier to get back in touch if she wants if you have kept her Father in loop. I don't think there is any moral onus on you to do this, but if you can bring yourself to make the effort, I can't see that it could be harmful.

RainbowSpiral Tue 04-Feb-14 16:29:11

I think I would send him a short email every couple of months just saying what dd is up to in a matter of fact way. You don't have to, but it just keeps him in the loop in case he does decide to send her presents or anything. I expect she may want to make contact at some point in her adult life, she can't tell that at 11.

firedengines Tue 04-Feb-14 17:08:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now