Talk

Advanced search

to feel so heartbroken?

(8 Posts)
MakesAMessWhenStressed Tue 04-Feb-14 12:50:53

I feel as if I am. I was barely pregnant. Only a week past AF. But it's been so long coming, I was just getting excited and three separate people have asked me today if we're planning on having another one and all the time my chest felt tight.

Just as I began to believe I was pregnant I wasn't any more, but it was just a trick. A 'chemical pregnancy'. I feel so foolish being so upset. I'm trying not to let on to DH because I don't think he understands, however much he tries. To him nothing ever changed, so nothing has changed.

Please someone come and tell me to buck up, that I'm being completely unreasonable. That it wasn't even a baby yet so I haven't really lost anything.

Lilicat1013 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:57:43

It isn't foolish to be upset, not at all. I am not sure what to say but I just wanted to answer you and let you know someone is thinking of you and sending a virtual hug.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 04-Feb-14 13:05:40

I am sorry that you are having to go through this OP and you're not foolish at all to be down-hearted.

WaffilyVersatile Tue 04-Feb-14 13:20:51

you might not have lost a baby but you lost the plans you had started to make and that can be a very painful thing. Just as bad in a way because people generally are less supportive. I hope you have someone there you can lean on x

PumpkinPie2013 Tue 04-Feb-14 13:24:01

Sorry you're going through this sad you're not being foolish at all.

I hope your DH is supportive and/or you have someone else to lean on as well (a friend or sister maybe?)

Take care of you xxx

IceBeing Tue 04-Feb-14 13:26:19

100% not being foolish. It is heartbreaking. It is.

thanks

LadyEnglefield Tue 04-Feb-14 14:18:31

You are not being foolish to feel like this.

DH and I were undergoing IVF and had a faint positive result on the old POAS.

We were over the moon and started making tentative plans for our future DC.

When I went for an early scan there was nothing there. I was told it was a chemical pregnancy too. We were both totally heartbroken. Some friends knew about the IVF and the result so I felt really foolish telling them what had happened.

Looking back, I was wrong to feel foolish.

It may have been early days but when you're TTC and you think it's worked then you can't help but feel heartbroken when something like this happens.

I won't say that I know how you feel because everyone's experience is different.

My thoughts are with youthanks

OneMoreCupOfTea Tue 04-Feb-14 14:48:52

You are definitely not being unreasonable to feel upset, it must be really hard to start getting excited and making plans only to be disappointed.
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now