At 39 weeks pregnant a hot cloth cleanse is the highlight

HopeS01 Sun 26-Jan-14 00:17:40

Oops....
Highlight of my day

volestair Sun 26-Jan-14 00:20:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caitlin17 Sun 26-Jan-14 00:20:47

Yes it's a flannel.

And the one and only pot of Crème de la Mer I've ever had was worryingly indistinguishable from Nivea.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 26-Jan-14 00:26:04

Yup, ir's just washing your face without harsh soap. Works a treat and doesn't dry your skin. I use the old fleece nappy liners that used to line ds3's tot's bots (having had a few boil washes first grin).

volestair Sun 26-Jan-14 00:29:50

volestair Sun 26-Jan-14 00:30:28

volestair Sun 26-Jan-14 00:36:11

Salmotrutta Sun 26-Jan-14 00:36:29

Washing your face with hot water and a cloth?

Well I never!

shock

Whatever next?!

wink

lollerskates Sun 26-Jan-14 00:38:32

It dries the fuck out of my face but I do still love it.

Salmotrutta Sun 26-Jan-14 00:40:16

I have extremely dry skin and even I don't think plain water dries out my skin! confused

letsgotothebeach Sun 26-Jan-14 00:43:53

Agree with Caitlin17 about the Creme de la mer and Nivea!

Jux Sun 26-Jan-14 01:20:12

The most beautiful skin I've ever seen is my cousin's. She holds a hot flannel over her face for a minute to open the pores and then massages Nivea in. She 60+ now, and her skin is still utterly beautiful, and almost wrinkle free. If she wasn't such a holy roller, I'd assume a pact with the devil.

bluesbaby Sun 26-Jan-14 01:24:33

My hot cloth cleanser acts as a makeup remover too. It takes everything off including waterproof mascara. Plain water definitely doesn't get rid of my make up by itself!
When I tone afterwards the cotton pad is 99% clean which means the cleanser is working well to remove all the grime.

squoosh Sun 26-Jan-14 01:26:54

Well it's because these days most people seem to use disposable wipes or face washes, flannel usage is generally to be found amongst the over 70s.

I use an oily balm cleanser and a hot wrung out cloth and it makes my skin glow. But I'm the only person I know who does this.

TSSDNCOP Sun 26-Jan-14 01:30:32

I like it. My skin looks great.

Don't like the LE moisturiser though.

Way too greasy. Negates the deep cleanser IMHO.

volestair Sun 26-Jan-14 01:42:18

PrimalLass Sun 26-Jan-14 09:22:54

The cloth exfoliates.

Igglywiggly Sun 26-Jan-14 09:49:22

The hot cloth bit is a gimmick but the cleanser itself is fantastic. You put the cleanser onto dry skin, it melts the grime, make up (incl mascara) etc off, then you clean it all off with the muslin cloth. The cloth does gently exfoliate as you use it. I love it but I can no longer afford it. Luckily I got some for Christmas.

Bunbaker Sun 26-Jan-14 09:57:22

From what I have read on here and elsewhere other cheaper hot cloth cleansers are just as good as Liz Earle. What I would like to know is could you use any cleanser with a hot flannel, not specifically a hot cloth cleanser?

On non make up days I just use the vitamin E facial wash bar. It looks and feels like soap, but isn't drying.

MusicalEndorphins Sun 26-Jan-14 10:22:25

You can massage a little oil, either store bought or make yourself, then steam it by a hot wet cloth or in a shower, then gently wipe it off. I read about it in S&B. I do it from time to time with Vitamin E oil and it does seem to really cleanse. I believe the idea is the oil goes into your pores and dissolves any waxy oily stuff.

gobbynorthernbird Sun 26-Jan-14 10:51:32

I use the HCC method (but not Liz Earle cleanser, practically any will do) because it works better than separate make up removers/cleansers/balls of cotton wool. If you've always used a flannel then you probably won't notice any difference except the poncy name, but for those of us who bought into the whole cotton wool and lots of products crap, the change in one's skin is amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now