Talk

Advanced search

To be permanently hungry when my period is due?

(43 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:02:37

My period is on its way tomorrow I predict, as today I have eaten
A bowl of porridge
Half a banana
Half a tub of broccoli and Stilton soup
At least 3 of those extremely chocolatey m and s biscuits. Actually I think it was 4
1 packet Doritos
1 packet smoky bacon crisps
1 pack haribo rhubarb and custard jelly sweets
Dinner of salmon, new potatoes and broccoli
A plum
... And I just felt a bit peckish, so polished off a toasted hot cross bun with loads of butter.
WTF is wrong with me?! Does anyone else get like this around their period or AIB massively U and a complete porker?!

SantanaLopez Mon 20-Jan-14 23:04:31

Me too! How reassuring, I thought I was the only one!

I normally crave really healthy stuff, oddly enough. I can't eat anything processed with PMS.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:05:47

I wish I was the same Santana sad

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 20-Jan-14 23:06:39

Yup, I do. I NEED all the carbs. Nothing else will do.

SauceForTheGander Mon 20-Jan-14 23:07:16

Me too! And on the first day. Ravenous

ballroomblitz Mon 20-Jan-14 23:07:34

Yep me also. Think it's my bodys way of stocking up as for the first couple of days when my period arrives I don't feel hungry at all.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Mon 20-Jan-14 23:07:36

Me too, I eat and eat and eat ( about the only time of the month i do get hungry)

TheMaw Mon 20-Jan-14 23:09:07

Me too, I always want cereal - which weirdly was my only craving when pregnant. It's raisin wheats too, the least cool cereal in the world!

BadgersNadgers Mon 20-Jan-14 23:09:21

I'm on day two and just want to stuff my hole with crisps, nuts and ketchup sandwiches. Oh and plenty of medicinal wine.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:09:55

Actually, looking at my list, 'all the carbs' seems like a fair description!

i crave chocolate like crazy and i just know it's a pre-menstrual thing because i can just about live without it the rest of the time!

MomentForLife Mon 20-Jan-14 23:10:53

I have this every month too. It's lasts about 2 days for me

Thebluedog Mon 20-Jan-14 23:12:44

And me! I crave anything sweet... I'll just eat and eat and eat. It's how I know when I'm due on.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:13:22

You are all reassuring mesmile

PansOnFire Mon 20-Jan-14 23:13:56

Another one here, I'm like a bottomless pit only I have a very large bottom. With me it starts with cravings for carbs because it exhausts me, I give in and eat the carbs and it's a slippery slope into blood sugar chaos from there. It plays havoc with my very, very bad moods.

I'm awful the week before, the 5 days I'm on and then for a week afterwards because I feel so fat and gross from all the poor eating habits. I think I'm only happy for 1 week a month! Last month I started my diet, I was crawling the walls trying to avoid eating crap, I did pretty well and felt so much better for it. I need to keep up the good habits now but I have zero willpower, especially when my hormones take over.

lottiegarbanzo Mon 20-Jan-14 23:16:20

Yes, the day before only. I lose my normal appetite suppressant. I used to know my period was due because of it - or become suddenly able to explain the previous day's biscuit guzzling.

RayPurchase Mon 20-Jan-14 23:22:53

I'm like this too, I think I'm stocking up for the pukefest that is the first two days of my period. <being female sucks>

EBearhug Mon 20-Jan-14 23:27:23

Me too. Usually for a couple of days, but it's been nearer 5 this month. The worst thing is everything feeling like the end of the world when a minorly negative thing happens.

BikeRunSki Mon 20-Jan-14 23:31:34

Me too.
Stopped for fuel last week. And a peanut butter chunky KitKat. I rarely eat chocolate. Knew I better pick up some tampons at the same time!

Realised that I only ever buy chocolate when I am at that petrol station, and I am only ever there for a particular meeting, and that meeting happens.... every 4 weeks!

steff13 Mon 20-Jan-14 23:31:37

I could eat the walls during the first couple days of my period.

Vidaloca Mon 20-Jan-14 23:32:10

And me.

I can't bear to think what I've eaten today. :-(

I usually quite like being premenstrual. I like the heightened sentimentality and sensitivity.

citruslemon Tue 21-Jan-14 00:12:31

Oh glad it's not me. But I usually crave meat (rarely eat it) and ice cold fizzy pop!!

steff13 Tue 21-Jan-14 00:29:38

Oh glad it's not me. But I usually crave meat (rarely eat it) and ice cold fizzy pop!!

Oh my goodness, I'm not a huge fan of meat, either, but I swear I could almost eat it raw during that "special" time of the month.

ChippingInWadesIn Tue 21-Jan-14 00:33:57

Yup - the fact that I hoover up food is how I know it's about here. OP - you are a lightweight!

JoinYourPlayfellows Tue 21-Jan-14 00:36:33

"Realised that I only ever buy chocolate when I am at that petrol station, and I am only ever there for a particular meeting, and that meeting happens.... every 4 weeks!"

grin

Awesome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now