Talk

Advanced search

To think that implantation bleeding is a cruel myth?

(115 Posts)
Nessalina Tue 07-Jan-14 10:09:42

It seems designed to first bring hope to those TTC and then dash it!

The minute anyone TTC has an early/late/light period starting, first there's the disappointment of 'damn - I'm out this month', then someone (often said TTCers own brain!) pipes up with "it could be implantation?" and for another 24hrs you live in hope, but it's always AF!!

I searched for IB on MN search over the last year, and not one 'could this be implantation bleeding' thread ended in a BFP.

So WIBU to think it's just an urban myth made up by women who really wanna be pregnant?! (And I count myself in that category btw!)

TheArticFunky Tue 07-Jan-14 10:12:35

Mine were both implantation bleeds.

The second pregnancy I knew what was happening. With the first pregnancy I had never even heard of an implantation bleed and assumed it was a light period.

CadleCrap Tue 07-Jan-14 10:12:59

I had implantation bleeding twice, got one BFN one month then a BFP the next smile

AngelaDaviesHair Tue 07-Jan-14 10:13:56

I had it, at the start of my second pregnancy.

BettyStogs Tue 07-Jan-14 10:14:31

I had implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy but not with the second so it does happen but not every time.

EeyoreIsh Tue 07-Jan-14 10:15:14

I had it with this pregnancy.

LadyGooGoo Tue 07-Jan-14 10:15:23

With 5 pregnancies I've only ever had one implantation bleed so I always think that looking for implantation bleeding shouldn't be relied on!

pomdereplay Tue 07-Jan-14 10:15:35

I had an implantation bleed. My nearly 2-year old DD is now sleeping in my arms.

They do happen. With mine, I had already suffered 3 miscarriages and was extremely cautious about even testing. But when my bleed didn't turn into a whopping great period a few days later, I plucked up the courage and BFP. This one stuck.

17 weeks pregnant again now with no bleed, first sign of pregnancy was feeling righteously sick. So I suppose it's just one of those things. You are probably right that most bleeding around the time of period being due is likely to be, well, the start of a period but in my experience implantation or breakthrough bleeding is possible.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 07-Jan-14 10:16:03

I've always had an implantation bleed.

TheXxed Tue 07-Jan-14 10:16:04

I had no idea what implantation bleeding was until I joined this site. I can't remember any of this when I had my son.

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 07-Jan-14 10:17:32

I had implantation bleeds with both pregnancies

eurochick Tue 07-Jan-14 10:17:32

I have had some bleeding each time, around when my period was expected, but just pink or brown blood, never red and period-like. My periods are nasty bastard heavy things so it is easy for me to tell the difference.

Fakebook Tue 07-Jan-14 10:17:35

I thought it was a myth too, but I did get an implantation bleed with my last pregnancy (3rd baby). I thought it was the start of my period and went out and bought 2 packs of Always and waited for over a week for period to start properly but it never came. Looking back, I got period type cramps aswell.

It's not that common I think.

TheWitTank Tue 07-Jan-14 10:18:39

I had implantation bleeds with both my pregnancies.

Underthemountain Tue 07-Jan-14 10:19:10

Me too, had it both times

MyCatLovesMeSometimes Tue 07-Jan-14 10:20:22

I had no implantation bleeds' with first 2 pregnancies but had one with the third one which I was very surprised about.

hedwiggywiggerson Tue 07-Jan-14 10:22:06

Out of 5 pregnancies (3 ending in mc)I only had an implantation bleed with ds2 and it was so brief and light I could have easily missed it. I'm not sure it's add common add is made out.

elliejjtiny Tue 07-Jan-14 10:22:06

I got an implantation bleed with my current pregnancy. It was just a tiny bit of brown blood when I wiped once though, nothing like a period.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Tue 07-Jan-14 10:22:17

I had implantation bleeding too but it was nothing like a period- just light staining. If I had normal bleeding I would assume it is a period

lljkk Tue 07-Jan-14 10:22:31

I had Implantation bleed with DC1 (unplanned so I thought it was just a slow start to my period).

I think I agree that it might be unreasonable to pin too many hopes on TTC (ever).

HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Tue 07-Jan-14 10:24:03

The thing is, an implantation bleed is typically just a drop or two. Technically, that is, because the impact of the cells is minimal. I think that's what confuses people. They don't talk about the quantity of blood. I had an implantation bleed but it was just a couple of drops.

MoominsYonisAreScary Tue 07-Jan-14 10:24:14

I had one with my last pg, about a week before my period was due to start.

wishful75 Tue 07-Jan-14 10:24:24

I had it with my eldest, what I took to be a period 5 days early. Its not a myth.

MoominsYonisAreScary Tue 07-Jan-14 10:26:23

And like others have said it was only a tiny amount when I wiped

noplacelikehomedorothy Tue 07-Jan-14 10:31:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now