Advanced search

To wonder if this guy knows his baby DD's grandad is a convicted paedophile?

(56 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Oct-13 00:19:40


A relative of mine is still in touch with her dad despite him being found guilty of child sex offences. She has a partner and a baby and I feel sick at the thought of this baby being anywhere near her grand dad.

The offences he were found guilty of were against young female relatives.

Do you think this guy knows who his baby daughter is spending time with?

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 28-Oct-13 00:22:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scurryfunge Mon 28-Oct-13 00:22:33

When you say in touch do you mean he has unsupervised access to the child? Is there a risk?

DismemberedDwerf Mon 28-Oct-13 00:22:52

He probably doesn't. Are you going to enlighten him?

or tip off the police perhaps? That's got to be against his probation/ licence or whatever.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 28-Oct-13 00:24:16

That's very worthy of a phone call to there local children's services and possibly police or probation as its likely he's still prohibited from contact with children.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Oct-13 00:24:47

I have no idea, cut them all off years ago but know the relative with the child goes round to her parent's house still so obviously still in touch, and still live very close to each other e.g. same neighbourhood.

Being alone with the grand dad is a red herring. Little girl wouldn't have to be completely alone with him to be vulnerable.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Oct-13 00:26:24

He was put on sex offenders register for 10 years, about 12 years ago.

My son has a social worker due to having a disability, maybe I could ask her advice about it?

scurryfunge Mon 28-Oct-13 00:28:18

If you think she is vulnerable then you need to raise concern with social services.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 28-Oct-13 00:29:26

She would be a good person to ask

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 28-Oct-13 00:30:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Oct-13 00:32:39

She is in a neighbouring local authority to the baby but could probably still advise me the best team to call?

I feel sick.

He abused me and the relative who has the baby. My step mum took him back so he was found guilty and then moved back home and carried with everyday family life! sad angry

I don't understand how she can go visit "mum and dad" now she has a child of her own and not be disgusted with him, and her own mother too.

It's opened a huge can of worms emotionally but my overwhelming feeling is concern.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 28-Oct-13 00:34:25

I'd keep your life (and your sons social worker) separate from this. I recommend you telephone them and give them all the relevant details anonymously. It's very highly unlikely to happen (depending on what area you're in), but one slip and it could be let slip it's you. Or details that could identify you.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Oct-13 00:38:53

lisad I would definitely not be giving my name. He has driven slowly past me as I walked my son into his school. sad

Onesleep that is such a good point. I think you are right I will keep it anonymous and separate. So who should I call? SS?

Pan Mon 28-Oct-13 00:44:42

You will know that child sex offenders can be extremely manipulative and convincing, and 'take in' your relative. It doesn't sound like he is commiting any offences but you still should speak with both the police and SS regarding your concerns. The more contact he has with this family the more confident he will be.

Pan Mon 28-Oct-13 00:47:29

Ask at your local police for the child protection unit, or the Sex Offender Management Unit (SOMU). They will know him well.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Oct-13 00:50:26

Apart from going on the register he more or less got off scott free. angry

No prison sentence, no change to his family life, carried on in his job (no kids there) - he will be smug as hell about it!

I will make a call tomorrow. Does it matter I don't have specific addresses?

Pan Mon 28-Oct-13 00:51:26

No, just his name will be enough. Best wishes.

maddy68 Mon 28-Oct-13 00:53:23

If you call the local police. They will have the offenders solo there. They will usually contact regularly relatives that will come into contact with him. I'm sure they know!!! But you can check with the local police station

Pan Mon 28-Oct-13 00:53:50

The other thing is that there is a fairly good chance he has offended since, and having a visit from authorities will instil a brake on his confidence.

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 28-Oct-13 00:55:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 28-Oct-13 00:55:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

garlicvampire Mon 28-Oct-13 00:56:25

A little pom-pom wave from me, too. The calls you make could save more children going through what you did - and I'm sorry that you did. Well done for caring about this!

SabrinaMulFUCKERJjones Mon 28-Oct-13 01:02:33

I know from personal experience that a conviction for child abuse charges is not always enough to stop a man having access to children. sad

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 28-Oct-13 01:08:17

You also need the mothers and baby's name.

caruthers Mon 28-Oct-13 01:14:54

I'm entrenched in the opinion that child sex attackers will never change and they should never be allowed near children ever.

No excuses and no second chances!

Good luck with the reporting and I hope there is a safe conclusion to all of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now