Talk

Advanced search

To think the Amazon delivery driver might have made the fucking effort?

(54 Posts)
SidandAndyssextoy Thu 17-Oct-13 14:54:09

Am at home today. I was sitting two feet from the front door (separated by the hall wall but with the door open) and saw a bloke come up our front path and post something through the door. Some time later, I go into the hall to find it's a 'We missed you' card from Amazon. The man wasn't carrying a parcel when he approached the house, he didn't ring the bell or knock on the door. So fleeting was his presence that I assumed it was a takeaway leaflet.

I am in today. I am not tomorrow, or the day after, or the Monday after etc. I had been meaning to knock Amazon on the head but kept forgetting, but after this, they're history. Two other delivery people from two different delivery places managed to deliver today, but then they actually tried. I called the number on the card and they denied that any delivery driver would do that. Pah.

kali110 Mon 12-Dec-16 21:18:54

Bluntness100 yes! It's the bloody lying! Don't say you've tried to deliver when you haven't!
Atleadt they cared, hermes didn't hmm

kali110 Mon 12-Dec-16 21:17:25

I've had the exact same thing done to me by hermes,( hermes did not care) infact i had many months of bad deliveries by hermes.
I actively avoid companies that use these or yodel as a delivery company.
One clothing company worker even told me she herself wouldn't even have anything delivered from her own work as she didn't trust hermes!
i've only had a few bad deliveries by amazon compared to others, item left on drive, items arrived very damaged, it has put me off using them hearing all the stories of the drivers not delivering.

Bluntness100 Mon 12-Dec-16 21:09:11

I've just complained to them too, I had an order due Saturday and then got an email saying delivery attempt failed that night, no friggen attempt was made. So I emailed and thought it will prob come tomorrow as I had another prime order due on Sunday, friggen Sunday night get another email saying delivery attempt made and failed, total bullocks. No one came near the house at any stage or tried to deliver anything. So two orders out standing and over due.

So complained via chat and they raised a complaint against the carrier and extended my prime membership by a month and the stuff was delivered today.

Unreliable is one thing , but it's the dishonesty in saying delivery attempted when it wasn't. Two days running. Really peed me off.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Mon 12-Dec-16 21:06:32

They did the exact same thing to me today shock

I sent a really stroppy email and 3 hours later a pissed off looking driver pushed the parcel through my door - which annoyed me even more as, if he couldn't be arsed knocking the first time why didn't he just post it through. angry

mya83 Mon 12-Dec-16 21:02:50

Toast3 Mon 12-Dec-16 07:49:04

YANBU!
I've used amazon loads and never normally have problems except for on Saturday. We came home in the evening to find a parcel just flung over the gate. It has been raining for a few hours so it was soaked!
There was no card or label on the box so not sure who the courier was...

wishiwasacollie Mon 12-Dec-16 07:22:13

Agh. Typing on phone. Parcel wouldnt go through. He posted not pisted

pithivier Mon 12-Dec-16 07:22:04

Had the same with Royal Mail, no attempt to deliver, just the note to say the parcel was with a neighbour 5 doors away. I guess if they deliver to one address out of 6 they get an early finish to their shift. By the time I had put my shoes on to chase after him, he had disappeared.

wishiwasacollie Mon 12-Dec-16 07:21:17

I can top all. Amazon delivery could get parcel through the door so he opened up the parcel and the dismantled the package and pisted items through one by one. I was stood at the door. Gobsmacked. Opened the door and asked what he was doing.......he simply said it would go through

EnormousTiger Mon 12-Dec-16 07:17:11

We get parcels most days. I have had this once in the last 12 months. I cannot remember which company. It's annoying when you know you are definitely in. I regularly test the bell too. I replace it 2 weeks ago when it stopped working. When you 100% know you are in and could not have missed a delivery and they still treat you as out it is very frustrating. Most delivery people though don't do this. One idiot put our parcel in a wheelie bin which thankfully I spotted before the bins were put out. That is risky because someone other than me might put the bin out - cleaner or an older child who would have not seen the card saying we put your parcel in the bin.

whyohwhy000 Mon 12-Dec-16 06:52:56

October 2013, I mean!

whyohwhy000 Mon 12-Dec-16 06:52:29

Wow I just realised this was from September.

whyohwhy000 Mon 12-Dec-16 06:51:18

I actually don't mind Amazon Logistics! The company which is the problem is ArrowXL. They have failed to deliver every single one of my orders.

AwaywiththePixies27 Mon 12-Dec-16 00:49:40

Not had a problem with amazon. They're usually quite good. I've been that ill this year I've been using them quite regularly for birthday and Christmas presents. Happily paid extra yesterday for my best friends birthday present to be delivered today as I know full well I won't physically be able to get to the shops beforehand.

Can't say the same for a certain supermarket though. Delivery driver told their boss that they'd missed me. Then it changed to 'customer rejected shopping at the door at 6:12am'. Who the hell orders and pays for online food shopping and then when it gets here says "sorry mate I've changed my mind" ? hmm he went to the wrong address and me and him both know it Took me ages to get my bloody money back too! <bitter face>

CharleyDavidson Sun 11-Dec-16 23:07:51

Double zombie thread!

Pseudonym99 Sun 11-Dec-16 23:03:21

I think if people are using Amazon then they should expect things to go missing or whatever. If I buy something over the Internet I try to use a supplier that uses Royal Mail to deliver, as you know the staff have proper contracts and you can pick up at the local delivery office if you are out

MikeyAZN Sun 11-Dec-16 22:31:50

Sorry to post on an old thread but I came acrosss this whilst searching something completely different amazon related and thought I'd chip in to give an insight from a Amazon drivers POV and answer some of the points made for the strange ways we sometimes work.

From the outset, any driver who doesn't even try to attempt to deliver the parcel should not be working for Amazon and if it was known that a driver only attempted to post a missed you card instead of delivering the parcel, he would get fired immediately. Amazon applies fines to drivers by taking them off the road for 1-3 days for 'offences' such as not reattempting to deliver a parcel at least twice after the first delivery attempt. Bringing back any parcel to the depot without very good reason will be frowned upon. As you can imagine, turning up to an address and not being able to deliver, knowing you'll have to come back later to try again is demoralising firstly and a real time consumer to an already long day.

Personally, I make every attempt to deliver the parcel on the first visit, whether it be at a neighbour, neighbour of neighbour, opposite neighbour, anywhere close by. We are not allowed to put parcels through letterboxes (even if they fit) unless it is specified on our scanning devices, which is usually only for the very thin envelope-like parcels or small DVD sized parcels. If we do post something other than these through letterboxes, and enter that the customer has accepted the parcel - they will come down on us hard, weekly bonus lost, days off the road as punishment etc... this will only occur if a customer calls Amazon and reports that the parcel has not been received because for e.g. Your not at home and you have received a notifications saying the parcel has been delivered. Chances are, the delivery attendant has put it through the letterbox and taken a chance so he doesn't have to come back later.

Drivers that leave parcels in hidden locations hoping you'll find them is something I'm against but you see the motivation behind it. If you have any kind of safe location that the driver could leave a package, specify this when you place your order - it really helps us and you get your parcel safely and quickly. You can even specify a preferred neighbour. I've visited many properties with enclosed front porches who have a door where when the handle is lifted, it self locks and can't be unlocked without the key, leave it open if your expecting a delivery and we will lock it after we leave. Some front porches have windows above the door, leave it ajar and we can drop small packets into the porch, locked side doors to gardens are sometimes good, weather, size, contents permitting obviously.

On average, I'm delivering 120 parcels a day, we start at 7am to sort and load our own routes then deliver throughout the day until we are finished. They want us to deliver on average 20 parcels per hour but with so many external factors, this can be difficult hence why drivers are tempted to take shortcuts to save time.

WalkingBlind Mon 19-Sep-16 09:46:41

If you don't have time for a toilet break not handing over the parcel won't get you some... I'd rather you turned up 20mins late saying "sorry they don't give us breaks" than buggar off with a parcel I might need that day hmm

WeirdAndPissedOff Mon 19-Sep-16 08:21:55

snickers MissMargie - perhaps a "rabbit" hutch might have been the best place for such a toy.
We recently missed a parcel from Amazon at work. We open officially 8.30 am - 5pm, however there is someone at reception 24/7. At any time of day you can drive right up to reception and go through the door. We received an e-mail at 8.40 am to say that the driver had attempted delivery but couldn't deliver as he needed the code for our warehouse gate. We don't have a warehouse, a gate or anywhere to put in an access code. confused

To the poster who revived the thread - I can well believe that the drivers are overworked to the point of exhaustion, and have immense sympathy. However, surely not delivering the items properly just makes more work?

MissMargie Mon 19-Sep-16 07:15:22

A parcel hadn't arrived (Royal Mail) so I phoned and they had left it in the rabbit hutch confused blush
We have no rabbit hutch

It was for 'intimate' use so I had visions of the neighbours kids finding a new toy!!!

Thankfully neighbour retrieved it unopened.

Felyne Mon 19-Sep-16 07:12:15

Amazon have 'delivered to resident' before when actually they lobbed it in my NEIGHBOUR'S recycling bin. He only noticed because he was wondering why someone put a box in there without first folding it down.
So glad it wasn't bin day!

TheLastHeatwave Mon 19-Sep-16 07:11:35

ZOMBIE THREAD

👻👺👹👻👹👺👻👹👺👻👹👺👻👹👺

Jinxxx Mon 19-Sep-16 07:01:42

I had an Amazon parcel (which would have fit through the letter box) left "in the garden" according to the card. I assumed the front garden, but had no luck finding it. I had to then search our large and messy back garden, and finally found it hidden in a bucket. I can only assume that brightened a dull day for the driver.

Rozdeek Mon 19-Sep-16 06:26:49

Zombie thread guys

cdtaylornats Mon 19-Sep-16 01:17:50

I often get Amazon delivering on a Sunday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now