AIBU to not trust a company that has fake online reviews? (Servicing Stop)

(11 Posts)
Merel Mon 23-Sep-13 22:14:38

My DP needs his car moto-ing and has found the website of Servicing Stop: servicingstop.co.uk.

They charge just under £25 to pick up your car, take it to a local garage and bring it back.

I went to Trust Pilot to look for reviews and found a lot of people singing their praises who didn't have very many reviews.

I did a few Google images searches on some of the profile pics, and found four profiles that were using images clearly just taken from the web. People who if you searched for them had different names, and lived in different countries, and one pic was on many sites. I stopped after that, don't think DP will be using them.

AIBU unreasonable to think that if a company arranges to have a lot of fake reviews, then they aren't to be trusted?

Anyone here had experiences with the company?

ICameOnTheJitney Mon 23-Sep-13 22:16:20

YANBU. I'm a writer and have on occasion been asked to write fake reviews. I was also asked to write fake complaints once! Can't imagine what for....

Merel Mon 23-Sep-13 22:36:48

Ooh spill the beans? Would be interesting to know some of the companies that do this.

ICameOnTheJitney Mon 23-Sep-13 22:48:16

Nope! I couldn't do that.

greenfolder Mon 23-Sep-13 23:01:47

I used them twice- first time really good-second time I felt ripped off. However, they only facilitate so really you might just as well go by word of mouth. Lots of places pick up and drop off for free

Sstop1 Tue 24-Sep-13 15:07:42

Merel;

Thank you for flagging this matter, Servicing Stop are supportive of our clients posting reviews on Trust Pilot and other media outlets as it is important that potential customers gain an idea of how a business performs.

I can assure you that the reviews positive and negative on Trust Pilot are genuine and must meet Trust Pilots criteria for inclusion, nevertheless it is disappointing to hear that 4 reviews appear to go against this.

Would you like to forward the reviews and user names to Servicing Stop in order for us to raise this point and as a goodwill gesture if you do need an MOT we will provide this to you for free rather than our normal charge of £24.00 - our email is customerservice@servicingstop.co.uk.

Greenfolder;

Sorry to hear your second experience was not satisfactory - would you like to email us so that we can discuss this further customerservice@servicingstop.co.uk

hardboiledeggsandnuts Wed 25-Sep-13 17:01:58

They also (possibly fraudulenty??) use the bbc logo, (absolutely no mention of this company on the bbc website!), so I have informed the bbc

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 25-Sep-13 17:03:46

Their PR department is pretty quick though! grin

countrylover Sat 12-Oct-13 11:53:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emma245 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:15:36

Just beware of this company, very untrust worthy. My mother used them. They also offer discounts in exhange for positive reviews on Trust Pilot!!! Stay awayyyyyy They ended up costing more than the quote we had from the BMW dealer.

wasonthelist Tue 25-Oct-16 23:37:01

YANBU - A company I used to work for posts fake employee reviews to counter the real ones on glassdoor.com. Some fakes are easier to spot than others, but if they are spending time/cash on fake reviews rather than delivering a good service, they can't be much cop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now