Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think it's disgusting to let your cat sit on the kitchen counter

(101 Posts)
carlajean Sun 21-Jul-13 09:47:50

Following the dog licking plates thread, where I found it really interesting how it seemed to be equally divided between strong agreement and disagreement, I'm interested to know what people think of cats walking on kitchen counters. I think it's even more disgusting, even though we love our cat, but we have friend whose cat sits on the breadboard, yuck.

MrsKeithRichards Sun 21-Jul-13 09:49:49

I think it is disgusting

TheOneWithTheHair Sun 21-Jul-13 09:50:33

I agree. Our cat is not allowed. My reasoning is (although this may be flawed) that when I go outside I wear shoes which do not go on the counter as they are dirty. A cat cannot remove its feet.

Also I wear underwear and clothes so no bear bottom.

TheOneWithTheHair Sun 21-Jul-13 09:50:46

*bare

rindercella Sun 21-Jul-13 09:50:56

YANBU. It is disgusting.

FreudiansSlipper Sun 21-Jul-13 09:51:05

I tell my cat this all the time

rindercella Sun 21-Jul-13 09:51:45

grin at bear bottom. A bit like mine at the moment!!

TheOneWithTheHair Sun 21-Jul-13 09:52:39

Is it a bit furry rindercella? grin

LaurieFairyCake Sun 21-Jul-13 09:52:59

If you have a cat you have to come to terms with the fact it owns your house and will walk on the counters for the fuck of it when you're not looking.

Humans clean counters before preparing food - not magically expecting them to remain germ free.

Kundry Sun 21-Jul-13 09:53:03

Yes it is disgusting. So I trained my cats not to do it.

Unfortunately they thought I only meant 'don't do it when Kundry is looking'.

We have been unable to progress training further hmm

RandomMess Sun 21-Jul-13 09:53:25

This is an ongoing argument with my cats, the worktop gets cleaned a lot also all chopping boards, plates etc are kept away so never get sat on!

babyhmummy01 Sun 21-Jul-13 09:53:41

It's vile.

But the mother of a friend of mine feeds her cat on them and has the litter tray on the kitchen table next to the place she sits to eat. Dirty, dirty, dirty bitch. What's worse.is she is a bloody nurse

RumAndBoak Sun 21-Jul-13 09:54:29

It's rank, my cat does it and especially loves doing it when we have company.

But how the fuck do you train a cat not to?

TheOneWithTheHair Sun 21-Jul-13 09:54:42

Yes. I hear the tell tale thud of the cat jumping down when I approach the kitchen. It does my head in.

Whothefuckfarted Sun 21-Jul-13 09:54:48

I have counter all round my kitchen. (It's a big kitchen) The cats are allowed on at one side which is separate from the rest. I keep their food bowls up there out of reach of babies hands. Funnily enough they don't go on the other counter tops.

usualsuspect Sun 21-Jul-13 09:55:28

I've had a word with the cat about him walking over the counter to get to his favourite windowsill. He just looked me in disgust.

DaddyPigsMistress Sun 21-Jul-13 09:56:14

I agree,I try to keep my cat off and tell him its unhygenic but the arrogant fucker disregards my concerns and compleatly ignores me if I contine to whinge

MrsWolowitz Sun 21-Jul-13 09:56:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FreudiansSlipper Sun 21-Jul-13 09:56:45

If I leave the butter uncovered he jumps up to have a lick

FriskyHenderson Sun 21-Jul-13 09:58:57

Could be worse. If you ever wipe the worktop or table down, you could use the dishcloth that you actually wash up with, thus ensuring a 'hair' bonus on all crockery and cutlery, and a certain cat litter gritty texture.

and that folks is why we don't eat at MIL's house

babyhmummy01 Sun 21-Jul-13 09:59:04

The mother is not my friend mrswolowitz and the cat litter tray on the table is disgusting as is actively encouraging your cat onto a kitchen counter. Esp as she doesn't clean

HellsAngel81 Sun 21-Jul-13 10:03:40

Ewww at having a litter tray on the table :-X

I've given up telling my master cat where he can and can't go - in his eyes, i am merely the source of food!

KittensoftPuppydog Sun 21-Jul-13 10:04:09

Another animals hate thread. Yawn...
What is wrong with you guys?

pigletmania Sun 21-Jul-13 10:05:12

Errr grim. Isawvthis on Come Dine With me, and one of the contestants had her cat walking all over the counter and sitting on it envy

Lazyjaney Sun 21-Jul-13 10:06:30

YABU to think any cat will give a damn about you, your opinion, or your futile attempts to keep them from where they want to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now