To tell them to get lost and start again?(5 Posts)
Tearing my hear out this morning and need some rational advice.
Our house went under offer just under three months ago from a no chain buyer. After a couple of false starts we finally found a house to buy about six weeks ago. The seller accepted our offer based on us being able to move quickly. As our buyers were keen to move quickly and had had their valuation done and findings back, we all went full steam ahead, got all our legal work done and we had the survey done on our house. Both solicitors are ready to go and we were due to exchange next week and complete end July.
Got an email last night from the estate agent. Our buyers have suddenly said they only had a mortgage valuation done nearly three months ago and they now want a full survey done. Also, they don't want to instruct the survey straight away, but want to come and see the house again over a week away and then decide what to do. They say they don't want to move until October. Our sellers say they will put the house back on the market unless we exchange next week.
Our buyers are time wasters aren't they? I should accept we have lost the house we are buying and put our house back on the market shouldn't I? Prices have gone up more where we are than where we want to move to, so I shouldn't end up too much out of pocket, but so frustrated and upset. I have to go back to work from maternity leave soon and if I don't move I have no child care in this area. Didn't sleep last night.
DH says fuck them and get our house back on the market as soon as possible, should we?
Annoying, but I'd just accept that you've probably lost this house and tell your potential buyers that you're happy for them to proceed, but will continue to market the house in the meantime. Then whoever gets their act together first gets your house and you don't lose a sale. You never know, it might be the kick up the arse they need to move quicker. Sounds like they're having cold feet to me.
Yes. Get it back on the market. These people are playing games.
Ok, I think I need to ditch them and accept we have lost the house we were buying.
So frustrating as got gazumped on the first house we tried. Not much comes on the market and these were the only two possible houses for sale in SIX MONTHS where we want to move to.
I will definitely start again as house properties have boomed where we are since we accepted their offer and we would be likely to get 20-30k more than the offer we accepted three months ago.
Consider it your good fortune. Tell them to get stuffed and put it back on the market. They will need to offer 20k more to buy it!
What's for you won't go by you as my mother would have said and she was right!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.