Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel pissed off??

(9 Posts)
Mrs3chins Wed 17-Jul-13 22:11:21

Will try to keep brief! It's my birthday at the weekend and will be the first without dad who died in march so not overly looking forward to it. However not spending it with DH as said he could have a day out with mates to the football. Reason being, I'm on a hen do for his bday in sept so we were both happy with this. So I make arrangements to spend my bday with family in London. However looks like I can't go now as DS 20 months is ill so will be staying at home. Am I BU to be pissed off that DH hasn't even offered to stay home with us?? When I said "looks like I'll be home alone for my bday" he just said "oh well you"ll have DS". Normally I wouldn't be too bothered but he knows its not one I'm looking forward to and I'm still grieving. And he gets to go on loads of days out etc with his mates so its not like he's missing something big! AIBU?!

LindyHemming Wed 17-Jul-13 22:14:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Snoot Wed 17-Jul-13 22:18:07

Have you explained this to him? Men can be awfully dense. YANBU but perhaps YABU to expect him to be a mind reader? I'd be the same as you.

Justforlaughs Wed 17-Jul-13 22:21:56

Men generally are very dense - well if MY DH is anything to go by. They need the simplest thing spelled out for them. Tell him that you want him to stay at home with you. In fact, write it on a post it note and stick it on his head! YANBU, and I would feel exactly the same, except that I've now given up being subtle and tactful and give it to him straight! Have a great birthday whatever happens, and if you end up with just your DCs for company then do something really special with them.

LimitedEditionLady Wed 17-Jul-13 22:22:10

Id want him to stay home with me because to me thats only fair seeings as its actually your birthday too.I dont care if IABU thats what I think a nice OH would do.Id hope mine would say "aww lets stay home with DS and have a meal and a drink"(tbh with myself think my OH wouldnt)

LimitedEditionLady Wed 17-Jul-13 22:24:53

Id want him to stay home with me because to me thats only fair seeings as its actually your birthday too.I dont care if IABU thats what I think a nice OH would do.Id hope mine would say "aww lets stay home with DS and have a meal and a drink"(tbh with myself think my OH wouldnt)

LimitedEditionLady Wed 17-Jul-13 22:25:22

Oooh id doubled my thoughts on screen!

KobayashiMaru Wed 17-Jul-13 22:43:38

Why should he stay home with you? Surely he should stay home instead of you while you enjoy your birthday? Thats what my dh would do.

YouTheCat Wed 17-Jul-13 22:47:38

I think your need to spend your birthday with family trumps his to go and watch football.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now