Advanced search


(9 Posts)
funkymonky Wed 17-Jul-13 21:09:42

i left the marital home taking my 3 kids with me when my 7 yr marriage became unbearable. my husband never wanted me to work ( i wanted to )
so paid all the bills mortgage etc but the problem is they were in MY NAME. now he is expecting me to pay the bills in the old house as well as my new house while living on income support and raising 3 kids! so please some one please tell me AIBU in not wanting to pay them?

Sparklymommy Wed 17-Jul-13 21:13:43

Sign them over to him. Then let him deal with it. YANBU

Justforlaughs Wed 17-Jul-13 21:14:26

YANBU to not want to pay his bills, but what your legal standing is I have no idea.

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 17-Jul-13 21:14:40

Contact the companies and tell the, the date you moved out, oh and go to the csa

LunaticFringe Wed 17-Jul-13 21:16:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babyhmummy01 Wed 17-Jul-13 21:18:29

Yanbu but if they are in your name you are legally responsible unfortunately.

Ring or write to the companies and explain the situation and see what they can do to help

funkymonky Wed 17-Jul-13 21:25:28

thanks everyone!! he keeps telling me he has no money and stuff, well neither have i!! he seems to keep things to himself until the kids are there because he knows i dont like arguing in front of them so i just accept what he says! grrrrrrrrrr!

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 17-Jul-13 21:31:46

Is not your problem if he has money or not and if he can fund the bills, you don't live there anymore.

But you will be liable whilst they are in your name so change it pronto

DoJo Wed 17-Jul-13 23:31:44

For more advice try the forums on - there are plenty of people there who will know how to help and offer you suggestions and more in depth information. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: