Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Step mother in law??

(6 Posts)
rachk2702 Fri 12-Jul-13 15:17:29

This might make me sound like a right bitch! When I got pregnant DPs step mother instantly decided she wanted to be called granny, without even consulting us, putting things on Facebook saying she was going to be a granny blah blah. Then she found out her darling daughter was having a baby 8 weeks after I was due. When I have birth to DS she put a status and picture before I had even told anyone that I had had him, wanted to keep it to ourselves for a day just for some peace! Then of course darling daughter gives birth! Now she puts pictures on Facebook of darling daughters baby saying he is the most beautiful baby ever blah blah. All for me to see, while I'm at home with my baby! Also whenever I see her, she says "oh I've been dying to visit", and I'm thinking why haven't you then, you literally live up the road! DP thinks I'm being "sensitive", but it just annoys the hell out of me!

YouTheCat Fri 12-Jul-13 15:20:39

Limit what you see from her on facebook, that way she'll annoy you less.

cantspel Fri 12-Jul-13 15:21:11

Have you invited her to visit? As reading on mn visiting without an invite is the biggest sin a MIL can commit and she might well be a a member.

PatsyAndEddy Fri 12-Jul-13 15:28:18

I think you are being sensitive. She's playing in a funny position, that deadly combination of mother in law and step mum rolled into one package.

Of course it's going to be different when it's her own daughter having a baby over her partners son's partner!

gobbynorthernbird Fri 12-Jul-13 15:40:01

So you're annoyed when she makes a fuss and annoyed when she doesn't?

TigerSwallowTail Fri 12-Jul-13 15:41:07

I second cantspel's suggestion of inviting her for a visit, although I'd say that visiting without an invite is a big sin for anyone, not just mil's. I hate when people turn up without me knowing or inviting them, especially with a tiny baby at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now