Advanced search

to keep DS off cub camp / trip

(14 Posts)
Remotecontrolduck Fri 05-Jul-13 23:32:44

Please don't. There will be other camps. Even if he seems fine tomorrow.

Some of the kids there could get really ill with a tummy bug. Even a normal tummy bug is an absolute nightmare in this situation. And you could give it to the leaders.

Maryann1975 Fri 05-Jul-13 23:02:31

A night in a tent with friends at his age (well any age actually) with a tummy bug would be horrific for him. No, he shouldn't go. There will be other camps. I'm sure he is disappointed, but imagine how embarrassed he would be if he didn't make it to the loo on time.

flipchart Fri 05-Jul-13 22:35:27

So sad.
It wouldn't be fair on him, the other kids and the leaders.
There will be loads of other camps if he stays with the scout groups.

imademarion Fri 05-Jul-13 22:28:34

Can you not dose him with Imodium?

Poor love.

xmarksaspot Fri 05-Jul-13 22:27:16

no day out followed by one night camp never mind he can go next time x

he looked like this earlier angry

BrianTheMole Fri 05-Jul-13 22:25:53

No. How long are they going for? Could you drop him there in a few days?

xmarksaspot Fri 05-Jul-13 22:23:17

thanks i knew really just sad and £40 worse off!!

landofsoapandglory Fri 05-Jul-13 22:23:06

No he can't.sad Poor boy. Hope he feels better soon.

We had to cancel our family holiday once because DS1 had a sickness bug the night before we were due to fly. He ended up being took into hospital. It was the first time they were going to go on a plane too.

ThreeBeeOneGee Fri 05-Jul-13 22:21:47

No, please don't send him. Those 25 could give it to a further 200,a couple of whom might be quite frail or incapacitated.

Portofino Fri 05-Jul-13 22:21:24


FromGirders Fri 05-Jul-13 22:20:50

Um no, he can't, sorry.
Can you imagine 25 wee boys with the squits, in tents?

podgymumma Fri 05-Jul-13 22:20:36

Is he worried about going. I'd wait and see till the morning. My DS quite often has bouts like this which end up being nothing.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 05-Jul-13 22:20:01

No. It would be unkind on your ds as well as the leaders and other kids for him to go.

Hope he feels better soon.

xmarksaspot Fri 05-Jul-13 22:18:25

He has had a "poorly bottom" 4pm then further episodes during this evening cramps and much loosened at 9pm
He is booked to go on coach with 25 6/7/8 yr olds tomorrow

he can't go can he sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now