Talk

Advanced search

To think there's little difference between Hating Confrontation and Being Wet

(8 Posts)
TVTonight Mon 01-Jul-13 17:35:54

Do people even say "Wet" anymore?

If people won't say anything in a normal situation, but let their views/disappointment/anger seep out all passive aggressively how can that not be Wet?

I know I'll be flamed for goading but some people ... Need to say beforehand if they don't want to go for an Indian, stop being embarrassed by everything, and grow up if I decide to complain in their presence.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 01-Jul-13 17:40:30

The last person whom had this conversation with me in RL was a antagonistic highly strung nightmare with aggression issues.

But people not like him YANBU nobody needs to confront to express thoughts or preferences so using not liking confrontation as an excuse is daft.

ImNotBloody14 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:41:41

Journo? Which show is this for?

Solari Mon 01-Jul-13 17:42:47

Well, there's being over-confrontational and jumping straight to 'aggression level 9' when 'assertion level 5' would have done, and then there's refusing to ever speak your mind and quietly seething inwardly (or acting out in petty ways).

Like most things, I think its a case of moderation. Some people may say they don't like confrontation and mean they don't like excess confrontation. If they don't like it at all, ever, then they're probably releasing their frustrations in some unhealthy (and irritating) other ways.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Mon 01-Jul-13 17:47:35

confused

What's going for a curry got to do with it?

All of us are a bit wet from time to time.
Some people also hate confrontation because they are gentle souls. If that bugs you, there's no gun to your head forcing you to socialize with them.

Dare I suggest that complaining about it is a bit, well, wet?

BabyMakesMyEyesGoSleepy Mon 01-Jul-13 17:50:48

I don't like Indian. confused

ditavonteesed Mon 01-Jul-13 17:53:20

well I dont like confrontation, I do like curry and my towels work perfectly well so I am not wet. hth

anythingforaquietnight Mon 01-Jul-13 18:03:16

opinions are like arseholes

everyone has got one

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: