Talk

Advanced search

to think someone keeps sneaking in my house and 'topping up' my housework!?

(11 Posts)
Icantstopeatinglol Sun 30-Jun-13 22:10:36

Honestly I've been on all day doing housework and it looks like nothing's been done?!
I'm seriously looking for a cleaner now! I'm not spending all my spare time doing housework when I could be spending this time with my amazing gorgeous children!
Am I being unreasonable to think 'sod the housework!'?

Corkyandviolet Sun 30-Jun-13 22:33:23

When I read your title, I thought you meant someone was topping up the housework you had done, ie doing more cleaning in your absence! I thought this would be an exciting whodunnit, I was going to suggest either your mother or mother-in-law!

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 30-Jun-13 22:36:47

Ha ha corky if that was happening I would just shut up and not mention it! I have left the housework quite a number of times hoping and praying there are such things as house fairies that come and do it all for you....alas I think it's a myth...!

CatsCantFlyFast Sun 30-Jun-13 22:40:45

My MIL tops up my housework (in the opposite way to OP) and it drives me NUTS. It's like her way of saying what I do isn't good enough (and even if it isn't its none of her business). She steals washing out of the basket and returns it ironed (sneakily when I'm not around) and cleans when I'm away. It sounds ungrateful but it feels invasive. However if a magic pixie wanted to do the same I would be very happy!

thebody Sun 30-Jun-13 22:46:29

Bloody hell, can I have your mil!!!

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 30-Jun-13 22:47:44

Yea notwithout, I'm not sure I'd be happy my mil coming in doing that either.
I just love the way my dh says that the house is fine blah blah blah but then if he's expecting company he runs round trying to tidy up panicking! Ha, I love it!
Then I'll just 'comment' I thought the house was fine? Ha ha! smile
It's not a tip by the way but I'd prefer it tidier but noone else seems bothered so why should I. smile

Pilgit Sun 30-Jun-13 22:51:58

I am sure we have malevolent laundry pixies. It's the only explanation for the sheer quantities of washing we have...

CatsCantFlyFast Sun 30-Jun-13 23:11:07

body would you really be happy with your mil washing your pants and rearranging your cupboards? And ironing DHs shirts (which, I maintain, he is perfectly capable of doing, plus we both work full time so surely its not 'my job'!). It sounds weird but it freaks me out and insults me all at once!

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 30-Jun-13 23:32:41

Pilgit, I'm happy after a washing marathon today I only have a little pile of clothes on top of my full washing basket instead of the volcano style eruption that was there this morning! smile

thebody Sun 30-Jun-13 23:36:28

I kinda get u but tbh old and tired now and as long as someone cleans and irons I couldn't care😃😃

Solo Sun 30-Jun-13 23:43:23

I returned from work one Saturday to discover my now exMIL had ironed all the clothes in the washing basket! would probably have been great but for the fact that it was the dirty washing! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now