Talk

Advanced search

To be totally overwhelmed by toilet roll?!?

(20 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Thu 27-Jun-13 09:21:35

I have been buying floralys for years from lidl. Now I've moved away from lidl so I wander innocent and unsuspecting into the toilet roll aisle at bloody tesco.

Ffs. I left without toilet roll.

WTF?!?

How can there be so many kinds, how can anyone price compare in their heads.

I had a similar experience in the cereal aisle.

Help! What toilet roll should I buy?
Please just someone tell me

KirjavaTheCat Thu 27-Jun-13 09:24:47

The cheap flowery-packaged one. It's fine for wiping your bum, and better than value.

Or go to co-op, their own brand is nice. smile

TheCatIsUpTheDuff Thu 27-Jun-13 09:26:35

Asda's own brand is the best of the mainstream supermarkets. Your fingers don't go through it. Aldi's Saxon is also pretty good, the quilted one. Tesco's own is rubbish - I'd only buy it there if one of the big brands was on a very good offer or I was desperately short of both loo roll and time.

cantspel Thu 27-Jun-13 09:27:03

I buy the tesco value extra thick rolls.
Six rolls for under £2 and because the rools are extra large you dont spent half your life changing the loo roll. It is softer than lidl floralys as well.

ChunkyPickle Thu 27-Jun-13 09:27:26

they have the price per sheet in tiny little letters on the shelf label..

As a rule I tend to end up with the biggest pack of own-brand white loo roll that they have - since the super-budget stuff seems to disappear too quickly.

EeyoreIsh Thu 27-Jun-13 09:29:55

The Aldi one is nice. or we get andrex Aloe Vera. I know it's really expensive but it's so lovely!

HerrenaHarridan Thu 27-Jun-13 09:31:55

I have co-op or tesco to choose from

Could make it to sainsburys but a lot of a trek

DeepRedBetty Thu 27-Jun-13 09:32:01

For some reason CoOp keep having really good deals on reasonable branded bog roll. A Good Thing as usage quadrupled when dtds starting wiping their own butts.

HerrenaHarridan Thu 27-Jun-13 09:43:35

Ok I will venture tentatively into the loo roll aisle at the coop.

At least it should have its own horizon and mini civilisation like the one in mega tesco land

Well, if I am desperate and can't be arsed to go to Aldi or Home Bargains I will get the Tesco own brand - it's fine.

I usually get Nikki from Home Bargains though, 3 ply and cheap as chips smile

KittensoftPuppydog Thu 27-Jun-13 09:48:04

I'm all lost in the supermarket
I can no longer shop happily
I came in here for a special offer
Guaranteed personality

WandaDoff Thu 27-Jun-13 09:48:55

Nicky toilet paper.

18 rolls for £4.

WandaDoff Thu 27-Jun-13 09:49:38

At Farmfoods, sorry forgot that bit blush

Jan49 Thu 27-Jun-13 09:51:14

Look for one that is made using recycled materials? Such as Nouvelle Soft or supermarket's own brand recycled. I buy Nouvelle.

daisydoodoo Thu 27-Jun-13 09:53:28

andrex puppies on a roll! its on special offer in Tesco at the moment, I never shop in Tesco but at £3.50 for 9 rolls instead of £5.50 I will make an exception and stock up.
I have an irrational fear of running out of toilet roll so my airing cupboard is full of spare rolls. blush

csmm Thu 27-Jun-13 09:58:41

Poundstretcher is good (as long as you don't get the cheapy cheapy thin one)

reelingintheyears Thu 27-Jun-13 10:09:05

Only Andrex.don't like any others.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Thu 27-Jun-13 10:45:37

We buy either Nicky at Home bargains, or the other one at home bargains (can't remember the name but it is in blue packaging). The second one is £3.49 for 18 rolls I think.

HoppinMad Thu 27-Jun-13 11:50:47

We cant get thick toilet paper as it ends up blocking the toilet. We get a big pack of 40, 10 lots of 4pack rolls inside it, for a measly 5.99 or something, from the local Asian greengrocers (but stocks household products too). It isnt brilliant if you are used to good quality andrex etc, but it does the job and great if moneys a bit tight.
Once that brand was out of stock so bought a different type, was like using tracing paper hmm but the current toilet tissues heaps better.

HerrenaHarridan Thu 27-Jun-13 19:56:54

blush I copped out even after all your help and spent an hour on the bus to get to my nearest lidl and they have stopped doing it. angrysad

Now I'm going to have to face the over abundance of choice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now