Talk

Advanced search

Baby with windburn

(13 Posts)
TeamSouthfields Sat 22-Jun-13 20:11:17

Hi..

Sorry put here for traffic...

13 month old with possible windburn... Any helpful tips to stop the redness, stop the pain?

Many thanks

snooter Sat 22-Jun-13 20:24:04

This is most likely to be sunburn rather than windburn. Hydrocortisone cream will help.

SpooMoo Sat 22-Jun-13 20:30:26

What is windburn?

SpooMoo Sat 22-Jun-13 20:30:32

What is windburn?

LilacPeony Sat 22-Jun-13 20:32:23

It'll be sunburn rather than windburn won't it? NHS advice for sunburn is here www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sunburn/Pages/Introduction.aspx

snooter Sat 22-Jun-13 20:32:53

Windburn is chapping & drying I suppose which tends to happen esp if the skin is wet - seaside etc. Most soreness from being outside will be from the sun, even if it was cloudy & esp if it was windy making it difficult to feel the heat.

Twattybollocks Sat 22-Jun-13 21:22:46

I get this quite a lot, it could be sunburn, but if your child has been well shaded in a pushchair for example, it's more likely windburn. I've had sunburn type stinging and pain after being out all day in the wind and rain at horse shows, no bloody chance of sunburn there I can tell you. I usually use nurofen/paracetamol for the soreness and bepanthen cream on my lips and cheeks which seem to get the worst of it. Never seem to get it on my nose.

TeamSouthfields Sat 22-Jun-13 22:30:35

She was in the pram, in the shade and the sun has hardly been out today!?

MultumInParvo Sat 22-Jun-13 22:41:25

Maybe she has slap cheek then?

specialsubject Sat 22-Jun-13 22:57:40

it is June 22nd. The rays are VERY strong at this time of year in the UK, even under clouds and especially if there are reflective surfaces about. A baby can easily get burnt.

sunburn.

Loveagoodbargain Sat 22-Jun-13 22:59:07

There is slapped cheek syndrome going around. Our ds had it month ago. two bright red cheeks for 2 days then disappeared. Couple days later weird rash appeared on arms torso and legs. looks blotchy and lace like. If this appears, nothing can do. No treatment , will just disappear.

Footface Sat 22-Jun-13 23:24:47

Aveeno helped ds chapped face

itsonlyapapermoon Sun 23-Jun-13 02:45:42

Aloe vera is brilliant

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: