Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I must be as its so horrible to be secretly pleased

(22 Posts)
IneedAsockamnesty Tue 18-Jun-13 12:03:57

A acquaintance has HG.

In my defence she's a very unpleasant person whom I have known for years she has quite a history of being spiteful to others and is a bully.

Every time I've had a baby I've had HG usually warranting several hospital stays one of them I was in hospital for 6 months, with my current youngest I ended up in close contact with her on many unavoidable occasions she was also pregnant but flying through it and very healthy and took every opportunity to make vile comments stuff like it being put on or all in my head both directly to me and to everyone who would listen to her.

According to her it was just a normal case of morning sickness and I was being a drama queen the standard stuff that some uninformed people think but don't normally say but she was like a dog with a bone.

Fast forward quite awhile and we are both pregnant again ( same gap in between our due dates) and she now has HG ( as do I )

So and just to get this off my chest because I probably am being ur and I would never in RL ever even hint that I felt this way but I do.

I'm secretly pleased that she's got it, not that I would wish it on her just pleased because it may very well give her a bit of understanding towards others now she knows what its like and has the potential to make her very embarrassed when she thinks about how nasty she was to me.

peggotty Tue 18-Jun-13 12:06:30

I can understand why you feel like that - not the best side of human nature but most people do it as some point. However, don't expect her to have an epiphany about her behaviour towards you.

Sparklymommy Tue 18-Jun-13 12:07:10

It is u, but I see your point. Karma can be a real bitch!

Holly129 Tue 18-Jun-13 12:07:43

Nothing wrong with a bit of karma. Maybe she'll think twice next time she wants to accuse someone of "putting it on"

Fakebook Tue 18-Jun-13 12:08:46

Yanbu. What goes around comes around. But don't get too happy, you may get it worse and for longer as a consequence.

sleeplessbunny Tue 18-Jun-13 12:09:57

N U at all. She sounds a right pain.

Startail Tue 18-Jun-13 12:10:50

YANBU
I enjoyed seeing someone who said unreasonable things to me squirm the other day. It's not nice to smile, but it's certainly human nature.

MatersMate Tue 18-Jun-13 12:11:20

Understandable. Hope yours isn't too bad this time round.

MalcolmTuckersMum Tue 18-Jun-13 12:12:46

Tell you what. I don't know either of you and probably never will so I'll take the smug pleasure on your behalf thereby absolving you. No danger of me ever getting HG or anything preggers related ever again either.
I loathe people without empathy so I think I'd be doing humanity a good turn. What say you? Deal?

primallass Tue 18-Jun-13 12:14:07

I'd be tempted to text and ask if she is sure that it is not all in her head.

YANBU.

Jestrin Tue 18-Jun-13 12:14:15

As a relative newbie, what does HG stand for?

Jestrin Tue 18-Jun-13 12:15:02

Oh Ive just got it! Morning sickness. Sorry

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 18-Jun-13 12:19:31

Morning sickness my arse.

Morning sickness does not warrent a drip being stuck in your neck nor does it make your throat bleed or mean you need injections in your bum or 5 different medications every day

Oblongata Tue 18-Jun-13 12:23:51

I've had HG twice and would still like to swing for the pregnant person who sat at my table eating biscuits and claiming she was 'so tired of this hyperemesis, it's so hard to cope, isn't it?' before driving off to do some shopping...
Not a fecking clue!

WallaceWindsock Tue 18-Jun-13 12:28:53

Jestrin it stands for Hyperemesis which is not morning sickness. It is extreme nausea causing hospitalisation for dehydration. A woman I know through DPs work considered termination when she had it as it made her so so ill. She was in hospital for months.

QuietNinjaTardis Tue 18-Jun-13 13:09:33

Do you know what, she sounds vile but as someone who's just come out the other side of hg, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. So I can understand why you feel this way but I think you're bu.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Tue 18-Jun-13 13:13:40

YABU. It sucks that she's been nasty about it in the past and made you feel bad but being please that someone has something that can affect their pregnancy is awful.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Tue 18-Jun-13 13:13:58

Pleased*

Summerblaze Tue 18-Jun-13 13:19:23

NU at all. This is why you shouldn't say things out loud to people about their ailments etc as it bites you in the arse.

I have never had HG but as my 24 hr nausea up to 17 weeks was the worst thing about my 3 pg's, births and looking after dc's, I salute you.

FanjoPaterson Tue 18-Jun-13 13:21:17

A little U, but understandable. Karma's a turd.

SmilingHappyBeaver Tue 18-Jun-13 13:22:30

I had HG in all three of my pregnancies, and was in hospital for part of my first pregnancy (nearly miscarried due to the HG, as it caused severe liver and kidney problems), off work for 7 weeks.

When i returned to work a (male) colleague said "god, you're pregnant, is that all? How did women used to cope in the old days?". To which I replied "they used to die". Wanker. If I could have wished HG on him even for 12 hours, I would have done. So no, YANBU, might teach your friend not to be so judgemental. Glad she's getting the medical help she needs now.

Has she now admitted she had no fucking clue while lecturing your on HG previously? Hope she eats some humble pie. wink

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 18-Jun-13 13:40:32

QuietNinja I did say in my op I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Smiling no she hasn't not even a little bit but she does go bright red and is clearly uncomfortable in a sort of opps way when ever she sees me. Her DH has said that he now understands just how vile she was before to me and how bad HG is but from her nope not even a brief sorry or I didn't realise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now