Advanced search

To want this lady supervised?

(106 Posts)
Sparklymommy Sun 16-Jun-13 15:12:33

Ok, a neighbour of ours clearly has mental health issues. I sympathise, and always thought she was harmless but a few months ago she caused a row in the street (really with my mother, who she thought was looking at her funny) and was effing and blinding in public, accusing me of all sorts of vile and untrue things. She used my dds name and it shook me up. Mum phones the police and they came straight out to be fair, told us neighbour was known to them, not a lot they could do.

Fast forward to last week. Another neighbour witnessed her walking around with a claw hammer in an agitated way. She phoned the police who apprehended her. When she was picked up she had knives and blades concealed in her underwear. She was sectioned.

Within three days she was back on the streets aggressively accosting passers by accussing them of being liars and followers of satan. Clearly she is a danger to herself and others so why is she allowed to live alone and not be monitored? I genuinely fear seeing her out and about and I am not the only one I know. Is it unreasonable to want her supervised? Not locked up, but just someone making sure she took her meds would be something.

Sparklymommy Mon 17-Jun-13 08:56:15

Thank you everyone. I have decided to keep a diary of incidents and speak to adult services.

saintlyjimjams Mon 17-Jun-13 09:17:22

When you ring SS (good idea btw) tell them you will hold them responsible for anything that happens to her or a member of the public (even better if you can follow it up with an email to them copied to your local counsellor/MP). I have found making it clear that you regard it as their responsibility to do something does make SS act. If she isn't their responsibility then do the same with whoever she falls under - community mental health team or whoever.

Filofax Mon 17-Jun-13 11:24:45

Saintly has beat me to it. If it were me I would write to SS explaining your concerns and noting past events and copy your MP and local chief of Police. Keeping a diary is a good idea.

Souredstones Mon 17-Jun-13 11:48:05

Please don't ring social services unless its a safeguarding issue. Social services and CMHT are two separate entities. If you are worried about her or het actions on the community call 101 and get an emergency service out to her

valiumredhead Mon 17-Jun-13 14:51:39

I agree-police every time and they will contact the necessary people if needed.

financialnightmare Mon 17-Jun-13 17:24:23

social services are fine - they will work with the CMHT. Don't worry about ringing them and asking for help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now